The Student Room Group

Room available in Lancaster - Cumbria or Lancaster uni

I paid a deposit on some accomodation in Lancaster as I was going to attend the university of Cumbria. I have had to change my plans partly due to my mother being ill and me having to work as her carer. I have been told that I will have to either pay in full for a room I won't use or try and give it away to another student who is willing to pay the costs and take the contract. Does anyone need accommodation in Lancaster? You must pay all costs of the room, you'd simply be getting the room that would otherwise be taken. Sorry if this is inappropriate, I have no idea what I am doing.
Reply 1
Original post by RoominLancaster
I paid a deposit on some accomodation in Lancaster as I was going to attend the university of Cumbria. I have had to change my plans partly due to my mother being ill and me having to work as her carer. I have been told that I will have to either pay in full for a room I won't use or try and give it away to another student who is willing to pay the costs and take the contract. Does anyone need accommodation in Lancaster? You must pay all costs of the room, you'd simply be getting the room that would otherwise be taken. Sorry if this is inappropriate, I have no idea what I am doing.

@Lancaster Student Ambassador will be able to recommend a few places where you can post this im sure.
Original post by Ghostlady
@Lancaster Student Ambassador will be able to recommend a few places where you can post this im sure.

How can i contact them I see no option on the account. thank you
How can i contact them I see no option on the account. thank you

I've moved the thread to the Accommodation forum but there is still a link to it on this forum.

Hi!

I'm sorry to hear about your change of plans. I would recommend posting about this in some Facebook groups - searching 'Lancaster accommodation' on Facebook brings up a few useful groups that you can join. Maybe also try searching 'University of Cumbria' as they should have some similar groups! There is also an area on TSR where people advertise rooms (University -> Uni accommodation). If you are in any group chats for your course or uni in general these are also good places to advertise the room. Other than that you could get in touch with the University of Cumbria accommodation team as they may know of some students that are looking for accommodation.

Hope this helps!
Florence (Lancaster University student ambassador)
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
There is also an area on TSR where people advertise rooms (University -> Uni accommodation).

Thread has already been moved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending