The Student Room Group

Was Secondary School the best years of your life?

Or did you hate it\?

Scroll to see replies

It was okay, though Year 10 is pretty memorable. I'd say the best part of my life was when I was 10-12. :smile:
Reply 2
Loved it unimaginably sometimes Hated it incomprehensibly other times.
I don't think so :laugh:
Secondary school was okay apart from sixth form which was terrible. Uni was the best time of my life.
Reply 5
Original post by bones-mccoy
Secondary school was okay apart from sixth form which was terrible. Uni was the best time of my life.

Really? I think Sixth form is better than secondary school because at least after the lesson you're not forced to be there, and the class size is smaller. And best of all I dont have to do any physical activity whatsoever.
Original post by Popsiclez
Or did you hate it\?

I personally didn't like it that much except year 10 and 11 (a little bit). I much preferred my sixth form which was really far away from my secondary school where no one else from my school was there.
For me secondary school was the opposite - it was the worst 5 years of my life. I was so relieved when I finally finished year 11!
Hated school from reception to the first year of college - not even joking. :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Original post by Leviathan1741
For me secondary school was the opposite - it was the worst 5 years of my life. I was so relieved when I finally finished year 11!

Lmao same. While everyone was crying and hugging each other I think I was the only person jumping for joy, the indoctrination had finally ended. No more sleepless Sundays, I could finally start living.
Secondary school time wasn't the best or worst time of my life, it was just a mix of up and downs. College days were much better though :yep:
Really? I think Sixth form is better than secondary school because at least after the lesson you're not forced to be there, and the class size is smaller. And best of all I dont have to do any physical activity whatsoever.

True, but I had very poor mental health during sixth form and really struggled with my work, meaning my grades were a lot lower than they could have been. My family weren't supportive and my friends basically ditched me. The problem with sixth form is that people think they're all grown up but they're essentially still children and act like it too. Whereas at university I found better friends, got a lot of support from doctors and psychiatrists and escaped my family.
(edited 6 years ago)
Years 7-11 were horrendous. Sixth Form was alright I guess. I hope to have better days/years of my life than that though :eek:
Year 7 and 8 were the best of times. Year 9 was MEH. Some good times, some bad times. Year 10 and 11 were just not as good as I wanted it to be. Not getting the girl I wanted, being tesed and sometimes bullied wasn't al good. But Year 12, the year were I had to resit my GCSE was the most DEPRESSING time I ever faced. Now that I'm going to my 2nd year of Uni, things are looking up for me, but I always get sad when I think of my life during the GCSE era.

We were forced to stay for the whole day :angry:. So glad that's over now.
Hell no. I do not want to go back to secondary school ever again.
my disposable income went from £20 a week to £50 a week, so no I don't think secondary school was better

also teachers are annoying
Primary School was lit, those were the days.

Beyblade, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Ed Edd and Eddy, CatDog, Wild Thorn Berries, Dexter's Laboratory, Shin-Chan, Chuckle Brothers, Saved By The Bell, Keanan and Kel, Sistser Sister, Fresh Prince, Dragon Ball Z, and so so so much more:moon:

Said it before, and I'll say it again, kids nowadays don't know the meaning of childhood.
(edited 6 years ago)
Year 7-running outta lessons to toilets, playing hide and seek with teachers (diagnosed with ASD)Year 8- running outta lessons to toilets, outta school, temper tantrums-Year 9- running outta lessons to toilets, locking self in, temper tantrumsYear 10-found out I had asd, found my passion for EnglishYear 11- Liked school more, opened outta my shell, started writing stories/poems (some have been published)Year 12- do the most crappiest course ever and for what?- waste of a yearYear 12- doing Alevels in the subjects I loveYear 13- Getting ready for University.yep..
Reply 19
Year 10 was my favourite year. You had some sort of maturity and there were no exams at the end of the year. Also this meant playing cricket games for school and also there was no music, drama, art classes which I disliked.

Sixth form was ok but there was a lot of work.

I'm going into university now so hopefully that'll be good.

Quick Reply

Latest