The Student Room Group

What's one thing that you regretted doing in your life?

Something where you're like damn I shouldn't/should have done this thing and still regret it to this day.

For me it's probably not standing up for myself in secondary school and holding the school to account.

Obviously you can't change the past and there's no point in massively dwelling on it but I'm curious.
Attending Birmingham University
Original post by SouthofSpain
Attending Birmingham University

why?
Reply 3
I don't really regret anything because all the mistakes and choices I've made, made me hat I am now....

For the sake of the question, I regret not fighting back during school, especially before the physical abuse started.
My past regrets have taught me valuable lessons in life, so in all honesty I can't say I regret anything...
Reply 5
Original post by Talkative Toad
Something where you're like damn I shouldn't/should have done this thing and still regret it to this day.

For me it's probably not standing up for myself in secondary school and holding the school to account.

Obviously you can't change the past and there's no point in massively dwelling on it but I'm curious.

wish i couldve been more of a rebel at the start of secondary school and less of a goody-two shoes
oh and probably trusting too many people .__.
(edited 10 months ago)
Only thing I can think of is standing up more for myself when I was being bullied at my local sports club. Tbh 15yr old me was a diff person
Reply 7
I made a choice in my teen years to do away with regrets.
Reply 8
Going for a birthday meal at Jamie's Italian.
That disgusting grape & honey pizza left my best friend and I having to spend the night in hospital.
Ruined my 18th.
In the immortal words of Edith Piaf "je ne regret rien" ( I regret nothing).
Reply 10
Choosing A-level maths
Reply 11
Leaving London to go back up north where I'm from. At the time I wasn't thinking of graduate careers and didn't realise / had forgotten what it is like where I am from and how hard it would be to get a decent job there.
I don’t have any regrets but there is certainly stuff I’d change if I could go back

Quick Reply

Latest