The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

How difficult is St. Andrews uni to get in?

Anyone who goes there or is applying, what exactly are they looking for especially in Scottish student since I know they like foreign students there. I am aiming for 5 As at higher maths, English, art, music and Graph comm this year and then next year I'm going to do higher business and adv higher music along with either 1/2 adv highers or 1 adv higher and 1 higher. I want to apply for the management Ma and I need AAAB at higher. So how strict are they and are there any tricks to get in? What have people been accepted with and what have others not been accepted with?

Any help would be great, thanks
Original post by Mya_scotland
Anyone who goes there or is applying, what exactly are they looking for especially in Scottish student since I know they like foreign students there. I am aiming for 5 As at higher maths, English, art, music and Graph comm this year and then next year I'm going to do higher business and adv higher music along with either 1/2 adv highers or 1 adv higher and 1 higher. I want to apply for the management Ma and I need AAAB at higher. So how strict are they and are there any tricks to get in? What have people been accepted with and what have others not been accepted with?

Do you do music seriously?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Holly2312
Do you do music seriously?

Yes, I play a couple instruments, sing and write songs, I'm planning on going into band managing or become a music agent
As long as you stick to office hours should he okay

Can get harder after 6pm
Reply 4

I am also applying for the Management (MA) course
Original post by leoq8
I am also applying for the Management (MA) course

What are your higher results??
Reply 6
What are your higher results??

AAAB but the B is being remarked so I feel a lot more skeptical than you haha, I have a lot of work experience and extra-curricular stuff so I hope it makes up for my grades

Honestly, you're going to struggle if you're a Scot, as they will give you the higher end of the offer range, but AH's sound like a good shout

Last year, 10.9% of Scottish/EU applicants received an offer for Management at St Andrews :smile:

In contrast, something like 70% of Earth Science applicants got an offer so it really depends on the course
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Capricancer
Last year, 10.9% of Scottish/EU applicants received an offer for Management at St Andrews :smile:

In contrast, something like 70% of Earth Science applicants got an offer so it really depends on the course

Damn lol, I've got a lot of work ahead of me then
Original post by leoq8
AAAB but the B is being remarked so I feel a lot more skeptical than you haha, I have a lot of work experience and extra-curricular stuff so I hope it makes up for my grades

What kind of work experience and extra curricular activities have you got??
Reply 11
What kind of work experience and extra curricular activities have you got??

I have work experience in multiple Tax/Banking firms such as CMS, EY, RBS, I volunteer in Spain teaching English, I am a member of Amnesty International, I have 200+ hours of volunteering, I am a Young Person Ambassador and more lol
Reply 12
Original post by Capricancer

Lmao, this broke my heart, cya later St. Andrews
Damn lol, I've got a lot of work ahead of me then

Original post by leoq8
Lmao, this broke my heart, cya later St. Andrews

still apply!! your chances are higher than you think, i guarantee you.
3 years late but anyway. It's easier to get in as an international student than Scot student (and maybe UK idk). I applied as international and got in for Economics and Management but then I got my fee status changed to scot (through EU settlement scheme) so they made my offer void and then rejected it after "reconsideration".
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending