The Student Room Group

easiest a levels to teach

^ maths and sociology not included

thanks a bunch :smile: x
Probably Geography. All you have to teach is how to colour in between the lines :smile:
Original post by I-Hate-Edexcel
Probably Geography. All you have to teach is how to colour in between the lines :smile:

Loool i mean self teach xx
Original post by seconda1
Loool i mean self teach xx

The answer would still be Geography then?
serious answers?? help

@doonsbury
Hi,

I self taught myself Economics, Maths and Politics in 2016, sat the exams in May 2016, came out with ACC in the order above.

I would say the self-teaching isnt the issue, the biggest issue for me personally was procastination: no teachers bugging you, no peer pressure, you tend to lose the competitive buzz you'd have amonst your peers. so dicipline, for me was key.

in terms of content, they were all quite mediocore. i mean, economics just made logical sense to me so i understood. maths i had a natural talent for at gcse (got an a*) obviously i failed one of my maths modules which bought my grade down to a C.

Politics too, wasnt too hard for AS. I shouldve have and probably could have got a low A or high B if it wasnt for extenuating circumstances 1 week before my exam.

Also, 1 key thing you may need is exam expertise, youtube clips, revision guides, all pdf files from here n there just cannot replicate your teachers expertise in terms of answering essay based questions. id recommend a tutor who knows thier stuff for maybe 6-10 hours pre exams.

other than that, AS wasnt too hard, now that im starting A2 - im dying

all the best
Original post by _aristotle
Hi,

I self taught myself Economics, Maths and Politics in 2016, sat the exams in May 2016, came out with ACC in the order above.

I would say the self-teaching isnt the issue, the biggest issue for me personally was procastination: no teachers bugging you, no peer pressure, you tend to lose the competitive buzz you'd have amonst your peers. so dicipline, for me was key.

in terms of content, they were all quite mediocore. i mean, economics just made logical sense to me so i understood. maths i had a natural talent for at gcse (got an a*) obviously i failed one of my maths modules which bought my grade down to a C.

Politics too, wasnt too hard for AS. I shouldve have and probably could have got a low A or high B if it wasnt for extenuating circumstances 1 week before my exam.

Also, 1 key thing you may need is exam expertise, youtube clips, revision guides, all pdf files from here n there just cannot replicate your teachers expertise in terms of answering essay based questions. id recommend a tutor who knows thier stuff for maybe 6-10 hours pre exams.

other than that, AS wasnt too hard, now that im starting A2 - im dying

all the best

thanks soo much x
i know and i understand but i have a realistic plan

was politics hard? how many exams are there now for the new a level? x
Original post by seconda1
thanks soo much x
i know and i understand but i have a realistic plan

was politics hard? how many exams are there now for the new a level? x

Politics was boring to be entirely honest, AS is like an introduction and I wasn’t enjoying it as i had expected. A2, which i have been doing since September, is much richer, fuller, and interesting... In terms of exams, I am doing the legacy Edexcel A level Politics Unit 3B and 4B in a2 ... 2 exams for each module... 90 marks (15, 15, 15, 45) in 90 mins...

All the best

Quick Reply

Latest