The Student Room Group

Is Physics like A level Maths but Mechanics?

I’ve already picked my A levels, I’m in Year 13. Recently I’ve been doing well in Mechanics because it’s easier to understand, Statistics is a little difficult but not impossible. I was just wondering, if I went back 2 years ago to picking my A Levels, should I have picked Physics instead of Maths?

Can anyone tell me how they feel about Physics?
Original post by What_Wait_A_Min
I’ve already picked my A levels, I’m in Year 13. Recently I’ve been doing well in Mechanics because it’s easier to understand, Statistics is a little difficult but not impossible. I was just wondering, if I went back 2 years ago to picking my A Levels, should I have picked Physics instead of Maths?

Can anyone tell me how they feel about Physics?

I don't do A level physics but at my school you have to study maths to do physics which tells me that it relies heavily on maths so is not just a simple swap.
Reply 2
I personally believe Physics to be the hardest STEM subject. I was predicted all A* including physics but I ultimately decided to drop it and keep my sanity. Although, there are some really really nice topics within it and I do self-teach myself the interesting bits. I'd say the mechanics topic in physics is the most similar one to maths hence also being one of the easiest. For me, maths is much easier, fun and more useful by a long shot.

Quick Reply

Latest