The Student Room Group

Should Adolf Hitler have been allowed free speech?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by JMR2017
Do you think Hitler should have been allowed to openly spew his hatred against Jews? Do you think he should have caught out and stopped in the early stages of his political career for hate speech, possibly saving close to 11 million innocent lives in the Holocaust?

Discuss.

Should free speech on the subject of Hitler be allowed?
I think that he was very clever. He very much improved the economy and situation in a desperate Germany. He worked his way up to power through democracy and then destroyed democracy himself, making himself invincible. Good thought though.
Reply 62
In saying that hitler shouldn't have been allowed free speech regarding his illiberal ideas you are actually saying something very illiberal yourself. Paradoxically, your own discourse should be censored, if such policy of prohibiting the expression of illiberal thinking was enforced.

There is nothing liberal in your views, this is pure liberticidal leftism.

Everyone should be accorded free speech. When illiberal arguments, such as yours, are made, they should be opposed vehemently and in an unforgiving manner, but they shouldn't be silenced with force. To plot and organise an illiberal coup d'etat or to act on your mistaken ideas is a whole different thing. Catiline was allowed to talk about his revolutionary ideas as much as he wanted, but when he tried to act on them he was opposed militarily.
Hitler did have free speech, a promotional book and also a country at his command. BUT oh no. Must give him free speech when he already is having his message spread in every history book to date. Go f*** yourself OP, low quality troll. Long live the Furher in our memories
Original post by R.Shackleford
Hitler did have free speech, a promotional book and also a country at his command. BUT oh no. Must give him free speech when he already is having his message spread in every history book to date. Go f*** yourself OP, low quality troll. Long live the Furher in our memories

Sorry this wasn't me. Someone literally leaned over and started typing on my keyboard and I let them do it because I thought it would be funny, I only saw the original post after they pressed post.
Wasn't Hitler slightly evil?
Original post by TheForeverDuo
Wasn't Hitler slightly evil?

Yeah I think so, not sure though.
Original post by R.Shackleford
Yeah I think so, not sure though.

maybe we're just missing something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending