The Student Room Group

Speech and Language Therapy Masters

What is the difference between:
MSc Speech and Language AND MSc (pre-registration) Speech and Language?

I want to do a masters and then work as a qualified Speech and Language therapist. I am currently looking at universities so I'm wondering which option is better (if there is one)?
I don't think there is much difference between them - Just make sure the ones you decide to apply for are accredited courses so you can actually work as a Speech and Language Therapist after. If you want to be safe though, choose the pre-registration ones as those are the ones that allow you to work as healthcare professionals for other Allied Health degrees, so I don't see why Speech and Language Therapy would be any different.
Original post by Iosifina05
I don't think there is much difference between them - Just make sure the ones you decide to apply for are accredited courses so you can actually work as a Speech and Language Therapist after. If you want to be safe though, choose the pre-registration ones as those are the ones that allow you to work as healthcare professionals for other Allied Health degrees, so I don't see why Speech and Language Therapy would be any different.

Thank you so so much- I've been so confused for ages, because nowhere really explains the differences. And I wanted to make sure that if I apply to pre reg or ones that don't say pre-reg I will be able to work as a healthcare professional of Speech and Language Therapy. Thank you 😊
Reply 3
If you are an SLT Master student please complete my dissertation questionnaire.
https://www.survio.com/survey/d/R9W1J8W8X3P9T5U7B

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending