The Student Room Group

How would you answer this English Language question?

Hey so I suppose this question is the hardest out of the whole GCSE higher AQA language paper and I would like to get high marks from it

Question 3 ) how has the writer structured the text to interest you as a reader?

Could you please tell me what you would focus on to answer the question for high marks
how you would structure your answer and how many paragraphs you would write etc ?
Original post by Wildnatxox
Hey so I suppose this question is the hardest out of the whole GCSE higher AQA language paper and I would like to get high marks from it

Question 3 ) how has the writer structured the text to interest you as a reader?

Could you please tell me what you would focus on to answer the question for high marks
how you would structure your answer and how many paragraphs you would write etc ?

How many marks is it?
Reply 2
8 I think

Then I think that 3-5 points expanded on would get you good marks. Think about the devices the writer is using and don't forget to use subject terminology.
Para 1: What the focus is at the beginning of the text and why
Para 2: When the shift of focus occurs and why
Para 3: Any other structural feature

Use the PEEL structure for each paragraph: point, evidence, explanation and link to question
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 5
Thank you I do understand now but What is the link to question ? :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6

you can't do language analysis in this question. We had a lesson on it recently, you have to look into structural features like short and long sentences and talk about their impact but also POINT OF VIEW.
Thank you I do understand now but What is the link to question ? :smile:

At the end of your paragraphs add a sentence which directly links your point to the question eg 'and so this ... structure interests the reader by creating a ... tone'
Reply 8
Original post by Ellasimpson_
Para 1: What the focus is at the beginning of the text and why
Para 2: When the shift of focus occurs and why
Para 3: Any other structural feature

Use the PEEL structure for each paragraph: point, evidence, explanation and link to question
Hope this helps :smile:

I'd agree with this!

p.s. I cocked up this question last year and still came out with an 8. As long as you hit some points and develop answers well, you should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending