The Student Room Group

Dental Application

4A* 5A at GCSE,
A in AS physics
747 average UKCAT band 2
A*A*A* predictions in A levels in biology, chemistry and maths

Which dental schools would you recommend me to apply to ??
Original post by tiger_manpower
4A* 5A at GCSE,
A in AS physics
747 average UKCAT band 2
A*A*A* predictions in A levels in biology, chemistry and maths

Which dental schools would you recommend me to apply to ??

Apply strategically based on grades, test scores and teaching methods. Have a look at this.
BUMP.
I'll move this to dentistry for you.

I don't know specifics about Dentistry but if its like Med then you'll stand a good chance at most places. Aim for any UKCAT heavy ones.
BUMP.

Please don’t bump threads that have been answered.
Original post by ForestCat
I'll move this to dentistry for you.

I don't know specifics about Dentistry but if its like Med then you'll stand a good chance at most places. Aim for any UKCAT heavy ones.

I guess medicine and dentistry are very similar... which ones would you say are ukcat heavy... I’m thinking Barts, Kings college, Manchester, Glasgow, Manchester and leeds ( if I take bmat )
I guess medicine and dentistry are very similar... which ones would you say are ukcat heavy... I’m thinking Barts, Kings college, Manchester, Glasgow, Manchester and leeds ( if I take bmat )

Barts,Kings are good shouts. Have you looked at Newcastle?

I would have to wonder if taking the BMAT is worth it. You should have enough good choices just with that UKCAT.
Anywhere except Cardiff, Bristol and maybe Leeds (don't see the point in doing BMAT with that UKCAT unless you really want to go there). I'd say definitely Barts and Kings. Providing your PS is upto scratch, Newcastle is also a safe bet. If you like big cities I'd suggest Manchester but please bare in mind their course is PBL. Birmingham also if your GCSEs match their requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest