The Student Room Group

Doing bad in Biology a levels???

Dddddddd
(edited 6 years ago)
Have you started proper revision yet, and put in the hours or have a timetable ? Grades won't come without the work
I guess it's time for you to work hard. And if I were you, I wouldn't blame the teacher because if I was in your place, I would thank her. IF she is deducting marks for silly reasons now, it means that if you go in the exam, you are unlikely to make those small mistakes and so the examiner will not mark you down for those errors and you will gain higher marks.
I got a D in some of the earliest tests but they went up to C/Bs and I got a B in the end. The exam technique for A level Biology takes a while to figure out I'm assuming this is what the "takes marks off for silly things" comment is referring to; the biology mark schemes are mad pedantic and you have to be precise.

It's only been a month, you've got plenty of time to improve.
Reply 4
very common on early tests, Grade Boundaries are not GCSE. Learn that some small exams have 2 marks a grade boundary. It takes some people a long time to even get off ungraded. It's a large jump, don't get too disheartened.
Anyone got tips on how to revise for A level Biology because I'm struggling too
Original post by itsyrt
Anyone got tips on how to revise for A level Biology because I'm struggling too

Step 1 = Understand the content inside out. Memorise formulas, equations, sequences of events. Have a thorough understanding of every topic from memory.
step 2 = Make your flash cards/revision notes/mindmaps
Step 3 = Practice questions, practice questions, practice questions. Mark schemes are pedantic, there is a real art to answering the questions you can only learn through practice. You should be doing at least 20 questions for each topic test.

Oh and learn your practicals with explanations of each step

It's the only thing that's working for me :smile: Do all steps not just 1 or 2.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending