The Student Room Group

Over 230 dead in Mogadishu truck bomb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41621660

A massive bomb attack in a busy area of the Somali capital Mogadishu on Saturday is now known to have killed at least 230 people, police say. Hundreds more were wounded when a lorry packed with explosives detonated near the entrance of a hotel.

It is the deadliest terror attack in Somalia since the Islamist al-Shabab group launched its insurgency in 2007. It is not clear who staged the bombing, but Mogadishu is a target for al-Shabab militants battling the government.

President Mohamed Abdullahi "Farmajo" Mohamed has declared three days of mourning for the victims of the blast. Local media reported families gathering in the area on Sunday morning, looking for missing loved ones amid the ruins of one of the largest bombs ever to strike the city.

Do these *******s have no humanity?! What can you possibly achieve by killing hundreds of civilians for god sake.
Heartbreaking and pointless loss of life.
And some people wonder why so many civilians are so eager to flee and come to Europe... I cannot even fathom what it must be like to live with that kind of fear.
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41621660

A massive bomb attack in a busy area of the Somali capital Mogadishu on Saturday is now known to have killed at least 230 people, police say. Hundreds more were wounded when a lorry packed with explosives detonated near the entrance of a hotel.

It is the deadliest terror attack in Somalia since the Islamist al-Shabab group launched its insurgency in 2007. It is not clear who staged the bombing, but Mogadishu is a target for al-Shabab militants battling the government.

President Mohamed Abdullahi "Farmajo" Mohamed has declared three days of mourning for the victims of the blast. Local media reported families gathering in the area on Sunday morning, looking for missing loved ones amid the ruins of one of the largest bombs ever to strike the city.

Do these *******s have no humanity?! What can you possibly achieve by killing hundreds of civilians for god sake.

Disgusting how some people can take the lives of others in such a way. May God grant peace to them and their families.
And some people wonder why so many civilians are so eager to flee and come to Europe... I cannot even fathom what it must be like to live with that kind of fear.

And some people have the audacity not just to oppose refugees coming to settle here, but to call them evil scum. Where has our humanity gone?
Original post by JMR2017
And some people have the audacity not just to oppose refugees coming to settle here, but to call them evil scum. Where has our humanity gone?

It's all too easy for some of us in our cosy homes with our cosy jobs with our cosy lives to look down on others and shun them but if we were in their situation we must look like the evil ones for denying them immigration.
It's all too easy for some of us in our cosy homes with our cosy jobs with our cosy lives to look down on others and shun them but if we were in their situation we must look like the evil ones for denying them immigration.

I think the people who say these sorts of things are the scum themselves.

But you also need to have empathy with the people who don't want to live with that kind of fear here. It's not just innocent civilians fleeing, it's the people perpettrating these acts.

What are we gonna do to stop these things here? Ban trucks? Petrol? Do we make people coming in pinkie swear that they aren't extremists?

I dunno. If I were one of these people and had a family, I would flee as quickly as possible, but the more open our borders are the more likely people are to slip in and cause these same sorts of problems here.

No people know why they want to come here, it’s a much better place built off superior values and culture.

They just don’t want them here, perhaps they should sort their own places out by emulating positive examples set in the Far East and west.
Original post by JMR2017

I’m scum then, I don’t fancy my society and culture being ****ed up just to let in people who don’t appreciate why it is this way aka because our values and ideas are superior and then don’t integrate.
Original post by TruthRevoIt
Pretty much all Middle East (except Israel and some US-Israeli puppet regimes) and Africa are taken over by extremists

Indeed, the people of those countries are brain washed if they can’t see they need to emulate the most positive things about the west rather than burn flags and talk about infidels
Reply 11
Original post by JMR2017

What about if those refugees then rape one of your family members for arguments sake? You obviously can't generalise all refugees, that is immensely unfair, but in the same breath, you can't generalise people are against refugees coming in because you don't know what they've experienced.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
But you also need to have empathy with the people who don't want to live with that kind of fear here. It's not just innocent civilians fleeing, it's the people perpettrating these acts.

What are we gonna do to stop these things here? Ban trucks? Petrol? Do we make people coming in pinkie swear that they aren't extremists?

I dunno. If I were one of these people and had a family, I would flee as quickly as possible, but the more open our borders are the more likely people are to slip in and cause these same sorts of problems here.

I'm not saying open the flood gates and just let everyone in without question but we can vet their records and see if there is even the slightest signs of extremism or terrorism related offences and if so then obviously we reject them entry.

Studies have shown that the overwhelming majority of immigrants from high terrorism related countries are not terrorists. We must have let hundreds of thousands into the EU in the last few years and how many of them carried out an attack? Only a handful. To completely turn away people who are crying out for help but there is a very tiny risk to us is a little bit cowardice in my opinion.

Original post by paul514
No people know why they want to come here, it’s a much better place built off superior values and culture.

They just don’t want them here, perhaps they should sort their own places out by emulating positive examples set in the Far East and west.

I agree but this is easier said than done, those governments try to change but things take time and all the while they're facing opposition from groups who will happily put a truck bomb outside a shopping centre... It's very hard to change values when the public are too scared to accept changes for fear of getting blown up, which I assure you is far more likely in those countries than in Europe.
About 300 fatalities now, really sad times :frown:
I agree but this is easier said than done, those governments try to change but things take time and all the while they're facing opposition from groups who will happily put a truck bomb outside a shopping centre... It's very hard to change values when the public are too scared to accept changes for fear of getting blown up, which I assure you is far more likely in those countries than in Europe.

We had our own battles here for pretty much every freedom we enjoy
Reply 15

Oh, you will fathom it if third world migrants are allowed to continue flooding into the West and outbreeding the natives.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending