The Student Room Group

Interview for Job

This is a first so last Monday I applied for a job near where I live for an office administration role in a estate agents. They called me up and I was invited in to discuss the position. I was told that I would find out by the end of the week the outcome as the company had other candidates to interview, which I understood everyone fighting for one job.
So the week passes and I still have not been notified on the outcome, and whilst I am still actively seeking employment, I have seen that this company has re-advertised the job and they are seeking an apprentice, which is fair enough. But the interesting thing, is that the job description seems to match with everything I discussed during our very interview, bare in mind that when I first applied there was no information on what they were looking for, in a candidate.
In the mean time I have set the company an email, just to ask if they have come to a decision and whether they would be willing to provide myself with feedback. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to get it out there. I am becoming very frustrated with companies, and wanted to know if anyone else has been in the same position.
Maybe they changed the position and readvertised it?

I understand you sent a email, have you rung the company to ask about your interview? It can be better to directly talk to someone as emails are all too easy to ignore.
Reply 2
Original post by cheesecakelove
Maybe they changed the position and readvertised it?

I understand you sent a email, have you rung the company to ask about your interview? It can be better to directly talk to someone as emails are all too easy to ignore.

Yes position may have changed after taking my ideas, what I said during the interview to advertising for an apprenticeship seems like cheap labour

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending