The Student Room Group

Business Admin Level 3 Diploma

Hi everyone! I'm stuck on the unit Resolve Administritive Problems. I've managed to scrape together 01.01 and 01.02 but I'm stuck on 01.03 and 01.04 which is are the following.

Explain the constraints attached to the use of resources needed to resolve administritive problems.

Explain how to apply risk assessment and management techniques to identify and resolve administritive problems.

Any help would appreciated alot!

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Mark-Thompson
Hi everyone! I'm stuck on the unit Resolve Administritive Problems. I've managed to scrape together 01.01 and 01.02 but I'm stuck on 01.03 and 01.04 which is are the following.

Explain the constraints attached to the use of resources needed to resolve administritive problems.

Explain how to apply risk assessment and management techniques to identify and resolve administritive problems.

Thanks

Do you have infinite time and money? No! Well done, you've identified some constraints attached to resources. So a problem might be that you need to file 8000 documents for tomorrow morning, and the constraint is that there's only 2 hours to do it as you go home at 17:30. Or you've run out of envelopes, and the order isn't due for a week.

Risk assessment is about thinking through the different parts of tasks, and thinking through the possible problems. So if someone is doing extended periods of typing, you'd assess the risk of injuries - things like RSI or eye strain - and then figure out ways to reduce the risk. So you might provide ergonomic keyboard and mouse, or a wrist support, or advise time away from the screen.
If a task involves carrying heavy boxes of files upstairs, you'd think of ways to reduce the possibility of strain through carrying heavy things - can the files be broken down into lighter segments, or could they be emailed, or could some form of trolley/lift be used? Do the boxes even need to be taken upstairs or could they be stored elsewhere? You'd also want to reduce the risk of tripping, so wouldn't wear high heeled shoes and would turn the light on.
Management techniques would involve ensuring things are within your skillset. If you realised the room was far too dark, you wouldn't strip out the wiring and replace the overhead lighting yourself. You might delegate - get an electrician, or even something as simple as getting the maintenance team to change the faulty lightbulb. Or if something huge needs doing, it might need to be brought up in a meeting to work out budgets and timescales. Or the problem might be that a team member isn't doing their work correctly, and so might need performance management.
Reply 2
Original post by Mark-Thompson

Thanks

Hi Mark,

Do you still need help with this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending