The Student Room Group

My teacher cried

Okay, so my maths teacher cried yesterday because of various reasons...
I did feel bad for her, but at the same time not.
Because every lesson, I mean literally every lesson, it’s a farm in my maths class.. it’s always really loud, people screaming, throwing stuff, having fights and calls each other *****, hoe and stuff.. You might think that I’m in SAT3.. but actually it’s SAT1.. so this shouldn’t really be happening..
What the problem is, is that she’s not doing anything to stop it, she thinks by just standing there, saying noting but “I won’t teach till it’s quiet” will help the situation.. I mean if they so wanted to learn, would they really do all that..
Then after a while, someone throws paper and water bottles on her, which I think is horrendous, but what does she do?? She shouts “Who threw it?” and expected an answer?! But obviously no one really listened to her.. She then gets another teachers to help sort out the class, which works, but only when that teacher is present.. and then it gets back to the usual.. After that, she gets the room quiet by shouting and starts to cry and then tells us that we will fail our exams if we continue like this..
I mean my school is not that bad, the annoying ones usually behaves in other classes, but if she continues like this, I’ll fail Maths and won’t become successful in life.. I mean is it really that hard to control a class??
If I was s teacher..
These would be my rules..
-keep quiet whilst I or someone else is speaking
-no silly behaviours, such as throwing stuff
-follow instructions

And if they have chosen not to, I’ll just give them 30min-1h detention after school.. it’s not that hard?!

But her consequences aren’t bad at all.. the only thing she’ll say is come back after school and if you don’t, nothing will happen to you
Reply 1
and what do u do in that lesson?
Don't worry about it. You work hard for yourself. The chumps that pull this kind of crap are the ones who'll be living in squalor and poverty later on. I know because I too was in that situation. I made something of myself. They didn't.
Original post by jakeghansen
Okay, so my maths teacher cried yesterday because of various reasons...
I did feel bad for her, but at the same time not.
Because every lesson, I mean literally every lesson, it’s a farm in my maths class.. it’s always really loud, people screaming, throwing stuff, having fights and calls each other *****, hoe and stuff.. You might think that I’m in SAT3.. but actually it’s SAT1.. so this shouldn’t really be happening..
What the problem is, is that she’s not doing anything to stop it, she thinks by just standing there, saying noting but “I won’t teach till it’s quiet” will help the situation.. I mean if they so wanted to learn, would they really do all that..
Then after a while, someone throws paper and water bottles on her, which I think is horrendous, but what does she do?? She shouts “Who threw it?” and expected an answer?! But obviously no one really listened to her.. She then gets another teachers to help sort out the class, which works, but only when that teacher is present.. and then it gets back to the usual.. After that, she gets the room quiet by shouting and starts to cry and then tells us that we will fail our exams if we continue like this..
I mean my school is not that bad, the annoying ones usually behaves in other classes, but if she continues like this, I’ll fail Maths and won’t become successful in life.. I mean is it really that hard to control a class??
If I was s teacher..
These would be my rules..
-keep quiet whilst I or someone else is speaking
-no silly behaviours, such as throwing stuff
-follow instructions

And if they have chosen not to, I’ll just give them 30min-1h detention after school.. it’s not that hard?!

But her consequences aren’t bad at all.. the only thing she’ll say is come back after school and if you don’t, nothing will happen to you

It's a bit obvious talk to her and tell her to do her job properly, crying won't help. And if she can't do it you do it.
Reply 4
You should feel bad for her. Controlling a class can be extremely hard, especially if you're not a natural. Not being in control of a class can be very demoralising and often causes teachers to leave the profession. If it carries on every lesson then it's probably best to talk to your head of department about it.
back in the day the Headmaster would give the culprits a good thrashing.
I don’t know what you mean by sat1 but if it’s a reasonably high set gcse or sixth form this shouldn’t be happening at all
When I was at school and college nearly all of my white female teachers cried 😂 when I was 8 years old I made my teacher cry when I called her racist. She delivered actual tears 😭. Lmao. But she DID let Martin get away with the same thing I did meanwhile I had to sit with her for lunch???

And yes loads of my female white teachers cried at college after class 😂

All my male white teachers ranted that we weren't gonna be anything in life and two of them in separate years actually *****ed about basketball 😆 he said, "all you care about is your stupid ****ing basketball." 😂😂😂😂 that was year 8. And the other in year 10 said, "this isn't the streets." Or something like that. All the rest gave up and just sat there and let the students **** them off. Me and my girlfriends were the only good kids :u: But then they got pregnant and I was all alone. So I transferred. :u:

My black teachers swore at us 😂 and the Asian teachers were just really strict and loud.

I miss school :daydreaming:

Anyway :colondollar: 😂😂
You should maybe stay after lesson and give her a bit of support. In year 11 I had a supply for a while because teacher left but the replacement teacher was on maternity leave. The supply cried after everyone’s test results and she thought it was all her fault. The class was quite out of her control tbh similar to your situation
Reply 9
Sorry to hear you're having to deal with this, OP. Your story sounds scarily similar to what I had to deal with in Year 9 maths and honestly I ended up learning absolutely nothing in that class.

Would it be possible to move? It's not right that your education is being so heavily disrupted by other people that just don't care :/
I had this regarding my Business Studies GCSE class, the poor teacher eventually ran out crying and never came back. I was honestly disgusted with the behaviour of our class, they were basically bullying her. I think children our age have no respect regarding the fact that teachers also have their own issues and that these teachers are here to help us learn and get the results we need to move onto our next step. And by degrading a teacher and making them cry in front of a class not only shows how ill mannered and disrespectful they are, it also affects those in the class who want to learn. I am now experiencing this with my Criminology teacher who is 70 years old and is very helpful. The same girls have been bullying him, to the point me and some other pupils have brought it to attention of the head of the department. We eventually went to student support which has now placed the girls on a report system. Is there no principle you can bring this to attention to? If so, it is best to gather a group of children who are also sick of this situation and all report this together. The main issue is the troublemakers behaviour, if it is brought to attention, it can be stopped from progressing further. Certain subject teachers are very hard to employ these days and more teachers are leaving due to our behaviour.
What the hell kind of school do you people go to
My teacher was told she was rubbish, when she's not. She honestly looked so upset. If you want, do what I did, just email them saying you think their a great teacher. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending