The Student Room Group

Will I get into UCL/KCL with my GCSE's?

Hi guys,
I just wanted everyone's honest opinion on whether I have a good chance of getting an offer from UCL or Kings college.
In GCSE I was in an inexperienced hence the lack of A*'s and underachieving school in which my grades were top 9%. I got;
Maths A
English Lit A
English Lang A
Double science AA
Business A
PE A
History A
In A2 I believe/highly confident I will be predicted A*A*A. Say I achieve that and my PS etc are all good, will I honestly stand a good chance of getting an offer from UCL or kings to do law?
Thanks guys.
Yes.
Reply 2
Original post by Sergioo
Hi guys,
I just wanted everyone's honest opinion on whether I have a good chance of getting an offer from UCL or Kings college.
In GCSE I was in an inexperienced hence the lack of A*'s and underachieving school in which my grades were top 9%. I got;
Maths A
English Lit A
English Lang A
Double science AA
Business A
PE A
History A
In A2 I believe/highly confident I will be predicted A*A*A. Say I achieve that and my PS etc are all good, will I honestly stand a good chance of getting an offer from UCL or kings to do law?
Thanks guys.

They're fine. It's more of A-Level predictions and Personal Statement.
For medicine you may be a little lower, but they're well within the range of consideration and provided you do well on the relevant admissions tests, there's no reason to suppose you don't have as good a chance as anyone else.

For any other subject GCSEs are largely irrelevant, particularly as you will have exceeded all the minimum entry criteria in terms of English and Maths, with the exception of UCLs language requirement (which you can complete in the course of your degree).
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
For medicine you may be a little lower, but they're well within the range of consideration and provided you do well on the relevant admissions tests, there's no reason to suppose you don't have as good a chance as anyone else.

For any other subject GCSEs are largely irrelevant, particularly as you will have exceeded all the minimum entry criteria in terms of English and Maths, with the exception of UCLs language requirement (which you can complete in the course of your degree).

Doesn't OP want to apply for Law?
Original post by Black Water
Doesn't OP want to apply for Law?

I couldn't tell, I missed that in my original scan of their comment.

Thus, the latter half of the comment applies, with aspects of the former if they use the LNAT (I don't know on that count :tongue: )
Reply 6
Original post by artful_lounger
I couldn't tell, I missed that in my original scan of their comment.

Thus, the latter half of the comment applies, with aspects of the former if they use the LNAT (I don't know on that count :tongue: )

Ohh right.
Original post by Sergioo
Hi guys,
Maths A
English Lit A
English Lang A
Double science AA
Business A
PE A
History A
Thanks guys.

I think its depending on what the course is asking for. for example UCL is asking for GCSE Maths and English to be at a minimum of a B for Psychology BCs. just have a look on the uni website and look at the entry requirements. also they mostly look at A level predicts and Personal statement as that is most important. even if you dont have the right GCSE grades they still may make you an offer lowering their requirements because they may have liked you because of your personal statement or work expereience or something.

Quick Reply

Latest