The Student Room Group

Business Administration Level 3

Hi all, can anyone help me out? I am struggling to find any information for - "Understand the monitoring and resolution of customers' complaints".
More specifically:
1.1 assess the suitability of a range of monitoring techniques for customers’ complaints
1.2 explain how to identify those complaints that should prompt a review of the service offer and service delivery
1.3 explain negotiating techniques used to resolve customers’ complaints
1.4 explain conflict management techniques used in dealing with upset customers
1.5 explain organisational procedures for dealing with customer complaints
1.6 explain when to escalate customers’ complaints
1.7 explain the cost and regulatory implications of admitting liability on the basis of a customer complaint
1.8 explain the advantages and limitations of offering compensation or replacement products and/or services.
Where should I begin?
Reply 1
Original post by JakeC1997
Hi all, can anyone help me out? I am struggling to find any information for - "Understand the monitoring and resolution of customers' complaints".
More specifically:
1.1 assess the suitability of a range of monitoring techniques for customers’ complaints
1.2 explain how to identify those complaints that should prompt a review of the service offer and service delivery
1.7 explain the cost and regulatory implications of admitting liability on the basis of a customer complaint
1.8 explain the advantages and limitations of offering compensation or replacement products and/or services.
Where should I begin?

Although I'm not helpful, I've answered at least 4 of these before
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
Although I'm not helpful, I've answered at least 4 of these before

Then I shall take a look. Thank you for letting me know.
Try looking at the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) website, perhaps the PPI section.

What are you trying to achieve? I may be able to assist.

When a complaint is logged, it is referred to as Level 1 and most complaints are resolved at Level 1 through redress or gestures of goodwill.
The agent usually has a list of criteria to establish the level of compensation.
Anything complicated or where the customers is not satisfied with the redress escalates to level 2. A more experienced and senior staff member usually deals with it.

Hope this is of some help.
Reply 4
Original post by JakeC1997
More specifically:
Where should I begin?

Hi, does the below help at all?
AC1.1: Assess the suitability of a range of monitoring techniques for customers’ complaints

Monitoring techniques: e.g. customer feedback cards, web-based customer satisfaction surveys, mystery shopping, social media feedback, mentions by external media
Suitability: factors, e.g. fit with customer service strategy, ease of use of metrics, selection of relevant measures
AC1.2: Explain how to identify those complaints that should prompt a review of the service offer and service delivery

Identifying complaints: based on types of complaints, e.g. indicates breakdowns in service delivery, potential to damage the reputation of the organisation, cause potential financial damage, regarding products faults and quality, linked to health and safety products and/or services
AC1.3: Explain negotiating techniques used to resolve customers’ complaints

Basis of negotiating or bargaining power: large customer, e.g. greater bargaining power; small customer, e.g. less individual bargaining power, possible power base through social media or pressure groups
Negotiating techniques: e.g. listening and questioning techniques to gather information; use of empathy; identifying the root cause of the complaint; use of persuasion techniques, e.g. positive spoken and body language, mirroring, understanding and using allowable concessions and alternative options appropriately; discuss alternative solutions with the customer
AC1.4: Explain conflict management techniques used in dealing with upset customers

Conflict management: definition; negotiation techniques
Conflict management techniques: e.g. showing empathy, remaining calm when dealing with difficult customers, identifying the root cause of the complaint; explore best solutions with the customer; offering alternative solutions; use of escalation procedures

AC1.5: Explain organisational procedures for dealing with customer complaints

The knowledge to meet this AC depends on the particular organisational requirements and context. Learners need to apply the knowledge specific to their organisation to meet this AC.

General knowledge may include

Procedures: formal complaints procedures and informal complaints procedures
Purpose of a complaints procedure: e.g. resolve customer complaints quickly, minimise damage to the organisation’s reputation, information gained can be used to inform and improve customer service
AC1.6: Explain when to escalate customers’ complaints

Escalation: levels of authority in the organisation; limits of own authority, limits of knowledge, losing control of the situation, level and speed of progress
AC1.7: Explain the cost and regulatory implications of admitting liability on the basis of a customer complaint

Financial costs: e.g. individual compensation claims, class action compensation claims, out of court settlements, regulatory fines, cost to brand image
Regulatory implications: regulatory investigations arising from customer complaints, e.g. Financial Ombudsman such as the Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem) and Water Service Regulation Authority (known as Ofwat); potential closure of the organisation
AC1.8: Explain the advantages and limitations of offering compensation or replacement products and/or services

Advantages: e.g. customer retention, enhanced reputation for resolving issues; positive media coverage
Limitations: e.g. customers may still change supplier, increased costs, satisfactory resolution may not be known widely
Hello Everyone,

Has anybody completed Unit 332 - Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in the work place??

Any help would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by abs96
Hi, does the below help at all?
AC1.1: Assess the suitability of a range of monitoring techniques for customers’ complaints

AC1.2: Explain how to identify those complaints that should prompt a review of the service offer and service delivery

AC1.3: Explain negotiating techniques used to resolve customers’ complaints

AC1.4: Explain conflict management techniques used in dealing with upset customers

AC1.5: Explain organisational procedures for dealing with customer complaints

AC1.6: Explain when to escalate customers’ complaints

AC1.7: Explain the cost and regulatory implications of admitting liability on the basis of a customer complaint

AC1.8: Explain the advantages and limitations of offering compensation or replacement products and/or services

This has actually helped a lot, thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending