The Student Room Group

Can the fourth a level be soft for russel group uni?

In my school it is compulsory to do 4 a levels. Im doing bio chem and maths and psychology but i drop psychology cause it was a bit too much and business was the onlyone in the block. So i've done business for quite sometime and i've been doing research and found out it was soft after finding the subject easy . So i was wondering would did this hinder my chances of getting into medicine compared to doing psychology.
Reply 1
Original post by officialzak_2001
In my school it is compulsory to do 4 a levels. Im doing bio chem and maths and psychology but i drop psychology cause it was a bit too much and business was the onlyone in the block. So i've done business for quite sometime and i've been doing research and found out it was soft after finding the subject easy . So i was wondering would did this hinder my chances of getting into medicine compared to doing psychology.

Nope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really!! do you mean NO it can't be soft??
Im gonna drop it so will that help\?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Really!!
Im gonna drop it so will that help\?

Are you applying next year? If so yes you can drop it now.
Original post by Doonesbury
Are you applying next year? If so yes you can drop it now.

Yh i'm applying next year. I can only drop it after the first year.
By the way did you mean taking business or psychology will hinder my chances. Plz Explain
Reply 5
Yh i'm applying next year. I can only drop it after the first year.
By the way did you mean taking business or psychology will hinder my chances. Plz Explain

Your OP closing question was would it hinder you. To which the answer is No.

Your offer, should you get one, will be for 3 A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As far as I know, both Business and Psychology are soft. However, I think that for Trinity College (and many others) only require you to have two facilitating subject, let alone three or four.
Reply 7
Original post by Thilimages
As far as I know, both Business and Psychology are soft. However, I think that for Trinity College (and many others) only require you to have two facilitating subject, let alone three or four.

Only about 3% of successful Medicine applicants to Cambridge don't have 3 sciences. Trinity, and others, require 3 sciences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Ah sorry, unaware of the specifics for medicine. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest