The Student Room Group

Your offers for medicine

I wanted to create this post to ask any students what their offers were, where they applied to, and what their qualifications are (GCSE + IB/ A level). Any responses will be helpful thank you.
Reply 1
well I've applied to Nottingham and Bristol for Foundation medicine with predicted grades OF ABB so I'm just waiting on our UKCAT to get sent off and only time with tell
Reply 2
Original post by ireti
well I've applied to Nottingham and Bristol for Foundation medicine with predicted grades OF ABB so I'm just waiting on our UKCAT to get sent off and only time with tell

I've been wanting to look into foundation years, how do they work, and are they harder to get into because there are less places?
Reply 3
yes they are harder to get into because of the smaller amount of spaces but you must have specific criteria as they lower the grade requirements, examples of some of the requirements may be: your school was non selective state in the bottom.40% of the uk, you are the first in your family to go to university, your family have a low income, you live in a disadvantaged area. the whole point of a foundation course in medicine is to give disadvantaged students an opportunity to study medicine so I think the requirements can be as low as BBC but you'll have to fit the requirements
Reply 4
my school isn't very good and I live in a dodgy area which is why I was able to apply for a foundation course, but I was only eledgible for Nottingham and Bristol, each school has a different set of criteria
Reply 5
Original post by ireti
my school isn't very good and I live in a dodgy area which is why I was able to apply for a foundation course, but I was only eledgible for Nottingham and Bristol, each school has a different set of criteria

ok, thanks.
I do bio chem maths. No interviews or offers yet- i think they have until march to send out offers.
Reply 7
Original post by N/A IS THE NAME
I do bio chem maths. No interviews or offers yet- i think they have until march to send out offers.

Where did you apply and what were your GCSE grades if you don't mind me asking? I'm in year 12 and I'm trying to figure out where I could apply with mine.
Reply 8
Original post by N/A IS THE NAME

I do bio chem and English, I don't think they'll start giving interviews until November because that's when they send off out UKCAT
Reply 9
Do anyone know when the UKCAT scores are actually sent out - as in what date in November?
Original post by ireti
I do bio chem and English, I don't think they'll start giving interviews until November because that's when they send off out UKCAT

Yh. I prefer to have it later on so i have more time to prepare
Original post by baurmannt
Where did you apply and what were your GCSE grades if you don't mind me asking? I'm in year 12 and I'm trying to figure out where I could apply with mine.

3A*2A6B -so pretty average. Impredicted A*AA. And applied to Bristol Cardiff Leicester Southampton
Original post by Rj2018
Do anyone know when the UKCAT scores are actually sent out - as in what date in November?

Not sure
Reply 13
Original post by Rj2018

they said first week of November but weren't any more specific than that
Reply 14
Original post by ireti
they said first week of November but weren't any more specific than that

Ah okey thanks.
Original post by baurmannt
I wanted to create this post to ask any students what their offers were, where they applied to, and what their qualifications are (GCSE + IB/ A level). Any responses will be helpful thank you.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=865511

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending