(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by GovernmentEarner
Do you want an honest answer?

yes
Original post by Yogiue
yes

Honest answer:
1.Oxford E&M is stupidly competitive. There average E & M applicant last year had 8.1A*'s at GCSE. They only even interview the top 25% of candidates. So if you want me to be realistic, Oxford is very unlikely. IMO even with your slightly dodgy UMS, you would have had a better chance at Cambridge as AAAA is good.
2. LSE runs the policy of 1 application per person. So you will get rejected from 1 of the 2 courses you applied for. No-one can say whether you'll get into LSE as their admissions process is the most random and strange of any uni. I frequently see straight A* students rejected and A grades students accepted and vice versa. This is because of their weighting on the personal statement.
3. But overall, UCL and Warwick's courses are still really great. All your options are strong so wherever you end up should be superb.

Despite my answer sounding harsh, I hope you get every offer possible, good luck!
Reply 3
Thanks, this was very helpful.

1. To be honest I am not too bothered about Oxford, LSE is my main aim. It's a shame that it's so random but maybe that could be a good thing idk. It took me a while to decide whether to choose Cambridge or Oxford but I was disadvantaged both ways I guess.

2. Yeah I read about that, I just want to get into either one and I thought maybe applying for them both would give me a better chance but I don't know how it works.

3. Yep, Warwick is going to be my insurance if I get any of the other offers. UCL's entry requirements are so high.

Thank you

Original post by GovernmentEarner
Honest answer:
1.Oxford E&M is stupidly competitive. There average E & M applicant last year had 8.1A*'s at GCSE. They only even interview the top 25% of candidates. So if you want me to be realistic, Oxford is very unlikely. IMO even with your slightly dodgy UMS, you would have had a better chance at Cambridge as AAAA is good.
2. LSE runs the policy of 1 application per person. So you will get rejected from 1 of the 2 courses you applied for. No-one can say whether you'll get into LSE as their admissions process is the most random and strange of any uni. I frequently see straight A* students rejected and A grades students accepted and vice versa. This is because of their weighting on the personal statement.
3. But overall, UCL and Warwick's courses are still really great. All your options are strong so wherever you end up should be superb.

Despite my answer sounding harsh, I hope you get every offer possible, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest