The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deliciate
Applying to Cambridge with 0 A*s is a massive risk ;

No. It. Isn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RedGiant
No, you didn't tell him to "keep working hard", you said he will "get in if he works hard". Two things which have very different meanings and have very different implications.

If someone wanted to "stop pulling his hopes down", they would simply say "don't worry, if you have no A*s at GCSE, but have worked hard beyond GCSE it will all be sunshine and rainbows and you'll get a place". The reality (as stated above) is that they realistically do not have a relatively high chance compared to the *majority* of other applicants that have 7-10+ A*s at GCSE. Even more so for Oxford. Saying that their chance is unaffected by their GCSEs, is NOT true, and is just straight up lying to the OP.

GCSE's are a very small factor in a medical application. The thing is to apply intelligently avoiding the universities do not do holistic assessment. If they are truly committed they will get there in the end. GCSE's are a pretty poor indicator of success later on, hence why a huge amount of medical schools do not score them as long as the minimum entry is satisfied.
Original post by TRAnders
GCSE's are a very small factor in a medical application. The thing is to apply intelligently avoiding the universities do not do holistic assessment. If they are truly committed they will get there in the end. GCSE's are a pretty poor indicator of success later on, hence why a huge amount of medical schools do not score them as long as the minimum entry is satisfied.

Are you talking about me/
Reply 223
Original post by Anonymous
Can I do Medicine with no A*'s in GCSE, I'm currently in my 2nd year of sixth form and I got- (AS level)

AAAA In Maths, Biology, chemistry and EPQ which was related to the NHS.

Do I have a shot :smile:

Firstly, sort your grammar out: it’s A*s not A*’s.
Original post by jt2000
Firstly, sort your grammar out: it’s A*s not A*’s.

Thank you very much for that :smile:, I appreciate that you took time out of you life to correct a minor mistake :h:
It's a comma after 'out' not a colon as you're not listing anything, hypocrite.
Original post by GCSE 9
Thank you very much for that :smile:, I appreciate that you took time out of you life to correct a minor mistake :h:
It's a comma after 'out' not a colon as you're not listing anything, hypocrite.

I think I'd go with: a semi-colon.
The use of the colon wasn't grammatically incorrect at all and isn't only restricted to listing.
Original post by Doonesbury
I think I'd go with: a semi-colon.

Ohhhh I saw what you did there.
Original post by RedGiant
Nope, they are talking about Donald Trump's cousin who lives on the moon.

Nah, I Just clocked that their talking about Justin Laproski.

Latest

Trending

Trending