The Student Room Group

Is this likely to happen?

I've started year 12 and had my results back from my first proper a-level class tests. I'm a bit disappointed.
Biology : A
Chemistry :B
Maths: A
If i try really hard, could i get these to A's/A*'s at the end of year 12/13?- I want to do medicine, so I realistically want A*A*A
Reply 1
Original post by mariejuana
I've started year 12 and had my results back from my first proper a-level class tests. I'm a bit disappointed.
If i try really hard, could i get these to A's/A*'s at the end of year 12/13?- I want to do medicine, so I realistically want A*A*A

omg the amount of people ive seen these past few weeks complaining that they havent had a great start to a level year. here wo go again.
its not uncommon for students to suddenly have a drop in their grades at the start of a level even if they have like 21491209850923 A* at GCSE . you just need to get used to:
1. exam technique
2. new revision method based on answering questions effectively rather than content content content
3. managing your time well
4. not freaking the f*** out
5. slow progress. some people might be hitting As/A*s right off the bat but others not so much. most of the time it has nothing to do with intelligence but rather your approach to revsion
I don't know why you're disappointed to be honest. You can't get A* in year 12 so you got 2 top grades and 1 second top at the start of the year. That's impressive and honestly you should know that.

I dont know if this is just fishing for compliments or genuine but of course you can go from As and Bs to A*s in two years.
Original post by mariejuana

Personally, I think these are great grades, a good start. If you make sure you are organised and revise well, I am sure you could go up a grade (or two) in the end.

Quick Reply

Latest