The Student Room Group

Something to hide

We live in a society where surveillance and stop and search are used to prevent and deter crime.

Anyone complaining is told
"if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear"

. . . . but when it comes to avoiding paying tax like the rest of us, many rich people want offshore banking kept anonymous.
Original post by NJA
We live in a society where surveillance and stop and search are used to prevent and deter crime.

Anyone complaining is told
"if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear"

. . . . but when it comes to avoiding paying tax like the rest of us, many rich people want offshore banking kept anonymous.

no one cares
Reply 2
Original post by Michael Spearing
no one cares

What a short memory you have!

The riots of 2011, though "triggered" by the police shooting of Mark Duggan were not about that as thousands of people in many towns and cities were already unhappy about inequality, Government cuts, moral decay at the top ...

But if you live in a comfortable bubble you won't understand or remember.
Original post by Michael Spearing
no one cares

Thats exactly what I thought. But apparently somebody does. The news keeps bangin on about companies and well off people hiding wealth abroad. Yet at one end of the world we got an ape with nuclear weapons posting gibberish on twitter, while at the the other we have a fat little oompa loompa firing missiles like most people fire bottle rockets on bonfire night. I dont think the general population has any f***s left to give about where rich ponces put their cash. Phobos probably, nobody would think to look there.
Original post by NJA
What a short memory you have!

The riots of 2011, though "triggered" by the police shooting of Mark Duggan were not about that as thousands of people in many towns and cities were already unhappy about inequality, Government cuts, moral decay at the top ...

But if you live in a comfortable bubble you won't understand or remember.

Homie dont tell me i live in no BUBBLE. I been through poverty n **** ynno. hard to tell when i'm gonna have money and next day i might have nothing u get me? I been on the street 5 yars. But i got took in, like ****, there better be spaghetti when i get home. So just shut up and pay ur tax and get on with it ynno. At least you have the money for it. Go live on the streets and maybe this petty stuff wont bother u ayy?
Reply 5
The older generation want or expect the younger to wear a poppy, but is this society what out forefathers bled and died for?

Quick Reply

Latest