The Student Room Group

Why would my crush smile to himself not really making eye contact

So I’ve been liking this guy for a very long time. He would always avoid eye contact whenever we are close like if we walk past each other. But I have seen him turning around and looking at me when I’m behind him walking 10 times I counted. He’s in my maths class and one time he left class and turned around and looked at me like he was waiting for me and then he just left. I’ve caught him staring at me when we had an exam when I tried to check the time.

I actually caught him looking embarrassed when me and him were pit together for a group project.

Yesterday we had a maths exam and he was walking with his friend. I walked behind them and he turned around and looked at me. Then after a few minutes he turned around and looked at me again. His friend didn’t neither did anyone else. Then he told his friend he’s going to take the bus and bye. So he stood by himself. I walked ok straight and turned my head to his direction to just look at him and he made eye contact with me and then looked somewhere else almost hiding his smile. Like he just smiled to himself but tried hiding it .

I really have a huge crush on him do you think he likes me

I need your opinions im so happy like out why did he smile to himself im like so excited I wanna know
Talk to him rather than trying to ascertain the meaning behind microgrestures. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Talk to him rather than trying to ascertain the meaning behind microgrestures. Good luck!

What do you think, do you think he might
Original post by Anonymous
What do you think, do you think he might

I can't guess that based on what you've written. If you speak to him and he seems chatty, he might.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
I can't guess that based on what you've written. If you speak to him and he seems chatty, he might.

Because he smiled to himself once I looked at him and he tried so hard to hold it in by doing something with his mouth and he broke eye contact immediately and looked somewhere else looking so shy
I don’t know why he did this and I have no friends to ask about this because I really don’t want anyone to know who I like irl
Maybe he's turning around all the time because he thinks you're stalking him? as for why he is smiling..who knows? maybe his friend told a joke, maybe he did a silent fart?. Just say 'hello' to him.
Original post by Anonymous
Because he smiled to himself once I looked at him and he tried so hard to hold it in by doing something with his mouth and he broke eye contact immediately and looked somewhere else looking so shy
I don’t know why he did this and I have no friends to ask about this because I really don’t want anyone to know who I like irl

You'll never know why he did this (unless you get to a point where you ask him directly). If you like him, make some small talk; classwork, something funny that happened to a mutual, a teacher doing something weird etc. etc.
I think he's clocked that you like him. That doesn't necessarily mean it is reciprocated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending