The Student Room Group

Private Candidate refferences

I'm having to resit a year due to lack of attendance at my sixth form, so I've decided to do my exams as a private candidate. Other than my attendance/punctuality I was a relatively good student. The problem is I'm wondering if I can use my old sixth form as a reference despite shortly joining a new college (I left quite quickly).
If anyone has experience at London Brookes College that would be helpful.
Reply 1
Original post by gutz
I'm having to resit a year due to lack of attendance at my sixth form, so I've decided to do my exams as a private candidate. Other than my attendance/punctuality I was a relatively good student. The problem is I'm wondering if I can use my old sixth form as a reference despite shortly joining a new college (I left quite quickly).
If anyone has experience at London Brookes College that would be helpful.

What are you wanting the reference for?
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
What are you wanting the reference for?

For applying to a Uni in the future.
Reply 3
Original post by gutz
For applying to a Uni in the future.

Well, there's hundreds of things you could want a reference for, and your post made no mention of university.

You will need to speak to your old sixth form, but it is standard that they will provide a reference in these circumstances. You will need to check if they would mention your lack of attendance - they most likely won't, but they would be entitled to.
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
Well, there's hundreds of things you could want a reference for, and your post made no mention of university.

You will need to speak to your old sixth form, but it is standard that they will provide a reference in these circumstances. You will need to check if they would mention your lack of attendance - they most likely won't, but they would be entitled to.

Thank you for your help & that was my bad, I rushed the post. I've found out that the centre I'm going to do my exams at do not assess or authenticate coursework for my computer science A -level (2 written exams and 1 practical)themselves, so I will require someone to do this. I was planning on asking my old computer science teacher but it seems he will be very busy as he is now a Head of Year. I will still try and ask him, but if this doesn't work out what could I do about it? If it helps the exam board is OCR.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-computer-science-h046-h446-from-2015/specification-at-a-glance/
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest