The Student Room Group

Is it possible for me to stay one year at a University dorm and the remaining at home

Because the university I hope to go to isn't too far, nor is it too close, I want to know if it is possible for me to stay however many years in a dorm and what remains at home, so that I can experience both? Would universities allow this?
Original post by BurstChaos1
Because the university I hope to go to isn't too far, nor is it too close, I want to know if it is possible for me to stay however many years in a dorm and what remains at home, so that I can experience both? Would universities allow this?

Yes, of course. Why wouldn't they?
Yes of course. You have to reapply every yr for accommodation anyway ,

After you have lived in halls and experienced freedom, I doubt you will want to go back home !

On the other hand, you may realise just how cushy living at home is and will count the days until you get back. lol.
Yes. They university doesn't have to 'let' you, you decide where to live.

Oxbridge aside universities don't give a monkeys about where you live. The only thing to bare in mind is that where halls places are limited, some universities give priority to those who are coming from further away and don't always guarentee a room for local students. So you would need to double check the university accomodation policy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending