The Student Room Group

A2 chemistry help

Can someobe give me tips on equilibrium and reactions rates for a2. I am having trouble with the calculations and memorizing stuff.
Maybe try watch a YouTube video on what you are struggling on. Being able to see and hear someone do it can make it a lot easier to remember and understand. And you can go at your own pace so if you don't understand something you can pause and go back. It might help :smile:
try the jim clark book for claulations and the dr boes notes for memorsing but you hav to buy the dr boes notes on amzon. I have a copy for as and a2 as I just finished chem this yr with an a*
Reply 3
Jim clark's book (as mentioned above) is probably the best calculations book available right now. It's a must-have if aiming for an A/A*.

It has step-by-step explanations, with diverse examples of questions that can be asked (with step-by step solutions), and practice questions ranging from basic to very difficult (the answers are also worked out at the back).
Thank you so much for yiur recommendations. What do you guys think about a tutor?
Reply 5
Original post by JustgotAstar
Thank you so much for yiur recommendations. What do you guys think about a tutor?

This is just my opinion, but I have always been against using tutors because:
- It's expensive (usually £30 an hour)
- There is support from school teachers and peers
- Tutors may not be as experienced as your teacher in teaching the course
- There are a tonne of resources out there (e.g. the book I mentioned)
- The chemistry specification is extremely specific, so if something doesn't come up on it then there's a 0% chance it will come up in the exam.
- You need to learn to self study

However if you find the course really difficult and are working well below your target grade, and have tried your best, then get a tutor.

Quick Reply

Latest