The Student Room Group

Is it possible to revise ALL of 3 of your AS within one month and a half?

I know this sounds crazy but I REALLY REALLY do not want to just keep on revising my AS only for the first time throughout the whole year, the reason why I want to finish revising all 3 of my AS within one month and a half is so that I can go over them again and again to make sure the facts are sticking on my head. If it is possible can anyone tell me how?
Original post by The RAR
I know this sounds crazy but I REALLY REALLY do not want to just keep on revising my AS only for the first time throughout the whole year, the reason why I want to finish revising all 3 of my AS within one month and a half is so that I can go over them again and again to make sure the facts are sticking on my head. If it is possible can anyone tell me how?

Definitely possible depending on the subjects.

Some subjects might have quite a bit of overlap between AS and A-Level (or some topics are just trivial) so you'll be able to gloss over some things.

As for how, that's up to you. What revision method has worked well for you so far?
Yes when you have experienced it before and in YR 13 but right now you may not have developed the certain techniques and have that hind sight that would be really helpful.

If you sleep 8hrs, dont go to school, have all the resources, revise 12 hrs a day and motivated enough yes.

Likely hood is you will realise this is a stupid idea and if you wanted to do that you should have done this aged ago starting in summer or atleast sept.

Would advice not rushing
Reply 3
Original post by Blue_Cow
Definitely possible depending on the subjects.

Some subjects might have quite a bit of overlap between AS and A-Level (or some topics are just trivial) so you'll be able to gloss over some things.

As for how, that's up to you. What revision method has worked well for you so far?

Making notes but it does take a lot of time, I mainly revise on my own and self teach stuff because my teachers are useless.
Reply 4
Original post by GausIsTheBoss
Yes when you have experienced it before and in YR 13 but right now you may not have developed the certain techniques and have that hind sight that would be really helpful.

If you sleep 8hrs, dont go to school, have all the resources, revise 12 hrs a day and motivated enough yes.

Likely hood is you will realise this is a stupid idea and if you wanted to do that you should have done this aged ago starting in summer or atleast sept.

Would advice not rushing

I don't think it's even possible to revise 12 hours a day, schools takes up a good 6 or 7 hours of your day.
Original post by The RAR
I don't think it's even possible to revise 12 hours a day, schools takes up a good 6 or 7 hours of your day.

If you read what I wrote: ''if you don't go school''
Reply 6
I am doing Biology, Computing and Geography btw
I'd say it's possible, I didn't start revising for my AS until about 2 months before, I had 6 exams (one exam I even crammed a week before.. oops) and I managed to get the grades I wanted so it's of course do-able you will just have your work cut out :yep:
Computing especially isn't too content heavy IMO so you'll be able to get that down without spending the whole year revising.
Reply 8
Can you go over them all in that time? Hell yes.
Will it most likely wreck your health? Hell to the yes again.
Will it all stick in your head? Hell to the no.
Reply 9
Original post by Heirio
Can you go over them all in that time? Hell yes.
Will it most likely wreck your health? Hell to the yes again.
Will it all stick in your head? Hell to the no.

I am not expecting the content to be stuck on my head the first time I am revising them
Reply 10
Original post by EmilySarah00
I'd say it's possible, I didn't start revising for my AS until about 2 months before, I had 6 exams (one exam I even crammed a week before.. oops) and I managed to get the grades I wanted so it's of course do-able you will just have your work cut out :yep:
Computing especially isn't too content heavy IMO so you'll be able to get that down without spending the whole year revising.

Thing is I have textbooks for each of my subjects, all of them have roughly 300 pages and I am expected to revise/memorize(Even tho it's nor really revision as I am learning new content) most of the pages, how am I supposed to do that? After school I need to take a 2 hour break, 1 hour for eating and changing back into my home clothes and 1 hour to just chill.
Reply 11
Original post by The RAR
I am not expecting the content to be stuck on my head the first time I am revising them

I may have been over the top in my comment. :3 sorry about that
If you can go over it in a month and a half, then awesome. Go for it. However, if your start experiencing health issues due to it (like excessive stress or insomnia), then tone it down.

Teaching yourself is great, by the way. I'm doing it myself, though my teachers aren't useless, they're all really good. I'm just doing it to get a head start on revision.

Hope it goes well for you.
Original post by The RAR
Thing is I have textbooks for each of my subjects, all of them have roughly 300 pages and I am expected to revise/memorize(Even tho it's nor really revision as I am learning new content) most of the pages, how am I supposed to do that? After school I need to take a 2 hour break, 1 hour for eating and changing back into my home clothes and 1 hour to just chill.

A good way to try and memorise large masses of information is to try and condense it into revision notes, however best helps you. Here is a picture of a poster I made that condenses some computing topics (this is my least favourite of all my posters but it serves as an example.)

IMG_7655.jpg

Making these posters helps me memorise things much easier, but it's of course down to personal preference as to which revision method works for you.
Also there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a few hours to yourself after school, that's completely advisable.
Reply 13
Original post by EmilySarah00
A good way to try and memorise large masses of information is to try and condense it into revision notes, however best helps you. Here is a picture of a poster I made that condenses some computing topics (this is my least favourite of all my posters but it serves as an example.)

IMG_7655.jpg

Making these posters helps me memorise things much easier, but it's of course down to personal preference as to which revision method works for you.
Also there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a few hours to yourself after school, that's completely advisable.

Notes like those are really time consuming for me to make them, I am not really a fan of making my notes pretty or really make any notes, I use the scribble technique which you know read one page, close the book and write down everything you can remember. Thing is with this is that my brain does often go blank when I put down my pen on the paper after closing the book.
Original post by The RAR

Moved to Revision and study tips. :smile:
Original post by The RAR
Notes like those are really time consuming for me to make them, I am not really a fan of making my notes pretty or really make any notes, I use the scribble technique which you know read one page, close the book and write down everything you can remember. Thing is with this is that my brain does often go blank when I put down my pen on the paper after closing the book.

I see what you mean, it looks like these notes took ages but they didn't take as long as you probably think, although I totally see your point. That scribble technique sounds like it could work quite well just don't panic and your brain is less likely to blank, you'll have remembered some things it's a case of remembering them again one by one.
Wouldn’t advise it... revised for mine in 2 months solidly and got BBCE at AS, whatever floats your boat however...
I know this is not the thing to say but I took 3 A levels and a BTEC, I revised my 3 a levels for about a month before my AS exams and I got 3 As at AS... not the best advice but it is possible 😋

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending