The Student Room Group

AJ's GCSE GYG :D

Been lurking on TSR a while and finally made an account in order to start a GYG thread. I'm in year 11 and will be documenting my GCSE journey from now.

My current grades:

Spoiler

My target grades:

Spoiler

For A levels I'm taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths alongside an EPQ. I have no idea about what I want to do in the future, but I'm interested in Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Natural Sciences and Medicine.

A bit about myself:

Spoiler

That's it for now, will update tomorrow :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
really excited to see where this goes!
welcome to the world of gyg blogging :smile:

biology and medicine based subjects are so cool!
i have similar hopes to you for when i’m older :smile:

hopefully you’ll achieve those target grades!!!

sorry that you have social anxiety, i have anxiety so i guess we’re kinda similar (it sucks)

you seem great and are doing well...
good luck! :smile:
hey good luck with y11! your grades are amazing xx
Original post by clouddbubbles
really excited to see where this goes!
welcome to the world of gyg blogging :smile:

biology and medicine based subjects are so cool!
i have similar hopes to you for when i’m older :smile:

hopefully you’ll achieve those target grades!!!

sorry that you have social anxiety, i have anxiety so i guess we’re kinda similar (it sucks)

you seem great and are doing well...
good luck! :smile:

Hi, thank you :biggrin:
Good luck to you too :smile:
Do you have a GYG thread that I can follow?

Original post by mez_merising
hey good luck with y11! your grades are amazing xx

Thank you x
Your grades are looking great already so I think you're on track to achieving what you want! Which subject do you think will be your toughest challenge? :tongue: best of luck in getting the grades you want, you can do it! :biggrin:

Also, Biological Sciences is great (not biased at all!) :wink:
Original post by Changing Skies
Your grades are looking great already so I think you're on track to achieving what you want! Which subject do you think will be your toughest challenge? :tongue: best of luck in getting the grades you want, you can do it! :biggrin:

Also, Biological Sciences is great (not biased at all!) :wink:

Thank you :biggrin:
I think both English Language & English Literature will be the toughest for me. The others I'm pretty confident with :h:
Original post by AJ471
Thank you x

yes i do!
it’s actually featured :biggrin:
you can go and check it out x
This will just be a post about how/when I plan to revise, because I think sharing revision tips can be beneficial and also I need to keep myself in check (otherwise I'll procrastinate :rolleyes:).

So, I've made a revision timetable which will last until about March. Initially I'll be revising one unit per day, then after I've reviewed every single unit individually I'll begin going over multiple units per day (categorised into exams - e.g. B1234 covers everything on Biology Paper 1).

I'll be revising for Biology, Chemistry and Physics by making short, concise notes (in the smaller notebooks) on whatever I need to. I'll then file these notes and when I go over the unit again, I'll use the 'look, cover, write, check' technique so it will stick in my head (hopefully :biggrin:). I've got a notebook for the Science practicals too (the black one).

For Geography and Religious Studies I'll make slightly longer notes (in the blue and green notebooks) and review them as often as possible. For Geography case studies I'll also make flashcards.

For French and English Literature I'll be using flashcards. For English Literature I'll put a quote on there, and then analyse it, bullet point some context and write how it links to the rest of the text. For French I'll put a heading (e.g. 'Opinions') and then write key vocabulary (e.g. J'aime, j'adore, je pense que etc).

For Maths I'll just be doing practice questions and past exam papers, along with focusing on my weaker topics (looking at you, statistics :unimpressed:).

I won't be revising English Language much as we do a lot of it in school, and most of it is exam technique which I can look at the night before the exam.

Because I've got Parents Evening on Thursday, today I'm going to revise Geography Unit 2A (Urban Issues and Challenges).

Not sure how often I'll update this thread, probably/hopefully every couple of days.

Screenshot_2017-11-12-11-32-54-1.png
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending