The Student Room Group

What's the perfect roast dinner?

Scroll to see replies

A perfect roast dinner is a free roast dinner
Reply 41
Original post by claireestelle
I'm way too lazy to make roast potatoes myself these days.

They are soooo easy though. New potatoes don't even need peeling, just a quick wash, and if small they don't need parboiling either.
Original post by Doonesbury
They are soooo easy though. New potatoes don't even need peeling, just a quick wash, and if small they don't need parboiling either.

Hadn't thought of using new potatoes, that would certainly be a time saver to make them fresh.
For me it's turkey, roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli , califlower, Yorkshire puddings , gravy ,mash and stuffing.

Turkey/Gammon/Chicken etc etc. (all three on the same plate if possible, huge amounts)

A sack full of roast potatoes

LOADS of parsnips

Carrots

Cauliflower

LOADS AND LOADS OF YORKSHIRES

Insane amount of stuffing

**** tonnes of pigs in blankets

Enough gravy to fill a bath tub

THAT IS A ROAST DINNER.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Turkey/Gammon/Chicken etc etc. (all three on the same plate if possible, huge amounts)

A sack full of roast potatoes

LOADS of parsnips

Carrots

Cauliflower

LOADS AND LOADS OF YORKSHIRES

Insane amount of stuffing

**** tonnes of pigs in blankets

Enough gravy to fill a bath tub

THAT IS A ROAST DINNER.

You want cali without the brocolli?!
You want cali without the brocolli?!

I would add broccoli too, but given the VAST QUANTITIES I have specified, I'm not sure it'll fit on the plate :lolz::lolz::lolz::lolz::lolz:
I would add broccoli too, but given the VAST QUANTITIES I have specified, I'm not sure it'll fit on the plate :lolz::lolz::lolz::lolz::lolz:

that's when you need serving dishes for the veg, I just put the meat and carbs on the plate then have the veg and yorkshire in dishes on the table, that way no plate overflow to worry about.
that's when you need serving dishes for the veg, I just put the meat and carbs on the plate then have the veg and yorkshire in dishes on the table, that way no plate overflow to worry about.

Good tip. I will most definitely do that when I cook my first proper roast dinner with all the trimmings at uni.

So far I have only made partial roast dinners. Chicken, parsnips, carrots and a few roast potatoes. Not enough to satisfy a cow.
Good tip. I will most definitely do that when I cook my first proper roast dinner with all the trimmings at uni.

So far I have only made partial roast dinners. Chicken, parsnips, carrots and a few roast potatoes. Not enough to satisfy a cow.

I think any flatmates you have will be very impressed if you cook a roast, I got some shocked faces when i moved into halls and I baked some cakes.
I feel like the only person who has cabbage with a roast. Won't eat cauliflower or broccoli though.
Parsnips, carrots, potatoes, peppers stuffed with rice and beans, maybe some squashes, maybe some broccoli or green beans. What's that you say? I'm forgetting something? No, I don't think I am.
Original post by rubyft123
I feel like the only person who has cabbage with a roast. Won't eat cauliflower or broccoli though.
yes, i think you might be:P

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Parsnips, carrots, potatoes, peppers stuffed with rice and beans, maybe some squashes, maybe some broccoli or green beans. What's that you say? I'm forgetting something? No, I don't think I am.

where's the meat?
yes, i think you might be:P

where's the meat?

The meat is still attached to the animals, and it'll stay that way as far as I'm concerned.
Chicken, roast potato, mash potato, Yorkshire puddings, carrots and kale
Or gammon, mash, Yorkshire puddings, carrots and peas
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
The meat is still attached to the animals, and it'll stay that way as far as I'm concerned.

Oh you're a vegetarian, my apologises, can't say i've ever tried a stuffed pepper but that does sound quite nice.
Any roast dinner is great!
Reply 56
cauliflower?

Original post by Nerry
cauliflower?

better it be plain than it be covered in disgusting cheese.
Reply 58
better it be plain than it be covered in disgusting cheese.

better none at all
Turkey, roast potatoes with gravy, peas, carrots, sweet potato and Yorkshire pudding

Quick Reply

Latest