The Student Room Group

Need help, made mistake

I really like physics, especially astrophysics but I’m not doing physics a level. I was doing maths but I dropped it for something else. I think it might be too late and I can’t do anything with my current choices
Original post by Reece.W.J
I really like physics, especially astrophysics but I’m not doing physics a level. I was doing maths but I dropped it for something else. I think it might be too late and I can’t do anything with my current choices

We're quite a way into the term now. In fact, the Autumn term finishes in just over a month's time.

In my opinion, it's quite late to change your options. However, speak to your Director of Sixth Form/Sixth Form manager for some advice.
Original post by Blue_Cow
We're quite a way into the term now. In fact, the Autumn term finishes in just over a month's time.

In my opinion, it's quite late to change your options. However, speak to your Director of Sixth Form/Sixth Form manager for some advice.

I feel really awkward about it because I’ve already dropped maths and I’d most likely go back if I go to physics and i may drop econ for phys but also geog which I only recently started and then I’d feel really bad
Original post by Reece.W.J
I feel really awkward about it because I’ve already dropped maths and I’d most likely go back if I go to physics and i may drop econ for phys but also geog which I only recently started and then I’d feel really bad

You're gonna have to set aside feelings. The longer you delay the more problems you might have.

This is your education so do what you need to do :smile:
Id say do some research into universities and see if any of them offer a physics foundation course? If so youd be able to continue with your subjects. Id ask your school for some support with this

Quick Reply

Latest