The Student Room Group

Mistake on SFE application

Hi,
Please, I need help on how to write a cover letter to SFE mentioning that I have made a mistake on my application.
I have called SFE to rectify it, and they mentioned that I need to write it as a cover letter with the following details below.
The following mistake is the following:
- I'm still working and employed as well as studying full-time.
INSTEAD
- I'm unemployed and still studying full-time as a student.
Also, they have mentioned that I have to add "still MT" and I'm not quite sure what it means really.
I'd like some help to how to write this cover letter which would include the above details, and would like to know how long it would take?
They've mentioned that I need to upload this cover letter on my student account but I really don't know how to do that.
I can however, send it by post if it's necessary.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention.
Original post by KanaKy98
Hi,
Please, I need help on how to write a cover letter to SFE mentioning that I have made a mistake on my application.
I have called SFE to rectify it, and they mentioned that I need to write it as a cover letter with the following details below.
The following mistake is the following:
- I'm still working and employed as well as studying full-time.
INSTEAD
- I'm unemployed and still studying full-time as a student.
Also, they have mentioned that I have to add "still MT" and I'm not quite sure what it means really.
I'd like some help to how to write this cover letter which would include the above details, and would like to know how long it would take?
They've mentioned that I need to upload this cover letter on my student account but I really don't know how to do that.
I can however, send it by post if it's necessary.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention.

Hi there. To clarify, the mistake you made was indicating you are working full time on the application? Are you an EU student? What other evidence have you been asked for? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. To clarify, the mistake you made was indicating you are working full time on the application? Are you an EU student? What other evidence have you been asked for? Thanks, Leah.

Hi Leah,
Yes, sorry! I haven't mentioned that I'm an EU student and want to reapply for 2023/2024 undergraduate student. Also, I have clicked on the wrong choice mentioning that I'm working which really I'm not. That was the main concern really. Thank you.
Hi Leah,
Yes, sorry! I haven't mentioned that I'm an EU student and want to reapply for 2023/2024 undergraduate student. Also, I have clicked on the wrong choice mentioning that I'm working which really I'm not. That was the main concern really. Thank you.

Thank you. Do you have Settled or Pre-settled status? Are you applying for the Maintenance Loan?

Thanks, Leah
Reply 4
Thank you. Do you have Settled or Pre-settled status? Are you applying for the Maintenance Loan?

Thanks, Leah

Yes, it has already done before. I just want to know how to write this cover letter that's all, and yes I'm applying for the Maintenance Loan actually. Next year would be my final year as an undergraduate student. Thank you.
Yes, it has already done before. I just want to know how to write this cover letter that's all, and yes I'm applying for the Maintenance Loan actually. Next year would be my final year as an undergraduate student. Thank you.

Hi there, Can you confirm do you hold Settled or Pre-Settled status? Thanks, Angela
Reply 6
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Can you confirm do you hold Settled or Pre-Settled status? Thanks, Angela

Hi Angela,
Yes of course, I do hold a settlement status with indefinite leave
Hi there. For the cover letter you just have to explain the mistake you made and confirm you aren't working. "MT" stands for Means-Tested, which means your application has been income assessed to receive the higher rate of Maintenance Loan. If you are under 25, we would need your parents to support the application to receive the higher rate of maintenance. If you are over 25 and living with a partner/married, then it would be their income we use. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 8
Hi there. For the cover letter you just have to explain the mistake you made and confirm you aren't working. "MT" stands for Means-Tested, which means your application has been income assessed to receive the higher rate of Maintenance Loan. If you are under 25, we would need your parents to support the application to receive the higher rate of maintenance. If you are over 25 and living with a partner/married, then it would be their income we use. Thanks, Leah.

Hi Leah,
Thank you for your prompt and efficient response. I just wanted to specify as I have forgotten to say that I do not llive with my parents or got anyone in charge as I live on my own. Thank you.
No problem. Have a nice day!
Reply 10
No problem. Have a nice day!

Hi Leah,
Would you mind explaining how and where I can upload my cover letter through my student account SFE please? Also, if it's not too late knowing that I would be starting next year in the beginning of January 2024.Thank you.
Hi KanaKy98,

Here is some guidance on how you can upload evidence through your online account:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/student-finance-england-how-to-guide#if-youre-asked-to-upload-evidence-for-your-student-finance-application

Applications for courses starting in January 2024 are still open.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 12
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi KanaKy98,

Here is some guidance on how you can upload evidence through your online account:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/student-finance-england-how-to-guide#if-youre-asked-to-upload-evidence-for-your-student-finance-application

Applications for courses starting in January 2024 are still open.

Thanks,
Calum

Hi Calum,
Thank you and to all TEAM SLC, specifically, Leah and Angela from SFE. I just wanted to express my gratitude to each of them for their prompt guidance, support, and efficiency. Thank you all very much.
Hi Calum,
Thank you and to all TEAM SLC, specifically, Leah and Angela from SFE. I just wanted to express my gratitude to each of them for their prompt guidance, support, and efficiency. Thank you all very much.

Hi there, You are more than welcome. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending