The Student Room Group

I'm so indecisive i need advice please!!!!!! A- levels (reply asap)

Hey, you should add more clarity as its hard to understand what you are trying to say. So you have already started a levels with those 3 subjects and want to change them or what? A level maths is doable even with starting a little late, but physics is complex and in fact i started my study in November 2015 for physics since they did not offer it in September and they gave us the opportunity to switch to physics in another campus. I got a U grade for physics and loads of my holidays involved going to extra revision lessons with teacher to catch up which messed up my study time for other subjects (ended up failing year with 3 U grades). If you are choosing to change A levels close to December, that is really not OK because i remember trying to enrol into physics on October 30th 2016 to retake and the admissions officer said they had done all the practicals already in the first 6 weeks of college, now im doing BTEC extended diploma Business which i started on november 2016. Just wanted to say I can see myself in your situation just last year and it did not go down well i failed both AS years and ended up in BTEC. I recommend you do BTEC extended business or something if you like money since they don`t require any prior knowledge of business for entry. You are unsure 3 months into AS level just like i was and i really recommend you do not switch subjects because I fell prey to that and failed.

I'm so indecisive i need advice please!!!!!! A- levels (reply asap)

Hey, you should add more clarity as its hard to understand what you are trying to say. So you have already started a levels with those 3 subjects and want to change them or what? A level maths is doable even with starting a little late, but physics is complex and in fact i started my study in November 2015 for physics since they did not offer it in September and they gave us the opportunity to switch to physics in another campus. I got a U grade for physics and loads of my holidays involved going to extra revision lessons with teacher to catch up which messed up my study time for other subjects (ended up failing year with 3 U grades). If you are choosing to change A levels close to December, that is really not OK because i remember trying to enrol into physics on October 30th 2016 to retake and the admissions officer said they had done all the practicals already in the first 6 weeks of college, now im doing BTEC extended diploma Business which i started on november 2016. Just wanted to say I can see myself in your situation just last year and it did not go down well i failed both AS years and ended up in BTEC. I recommend you do BTEC extended business or something if you like money since they don`t require any prior knowledge of business for entry. You are unsure 3 months into AS level just like i was and i really recommend you do not switch subjects because I fell prey to that and failed.
Original post by haman1

I started with those 3 but I am not sure If I should change them as my teachers are skeptical but I like physics and it was one of my favourite subjects, I Love Chemistry but I know its basically applied physics I don't know if I should stick with bio, or go for chem or do both and drop psychology but I really like it.

Why did you say you fell prey to it?

I just don't want any regrets. Thanks.
Original post by ScaredGuy
I started with those 3 but I am not sure If I should change them as my teachers are skeptical but I like physics and it was one of my favourite subjects, I Love Chemistry but I know its basically applied physics I don't know if I should stick with bio, or go for chem or do both and drop psychology but I really like it.

Why did you say you fell prey to it?

I just don't want any regrets. Thanks.

I fell prey because the reason they didn't have physics for entry at September was because they were still finding teachers. So when they finally did it was this 80 year old man who barely spoke, taught us anything or helped us in any way. The timetable for study was also messed up because they could not find a way to sort everyones timetable so this meant first period starts at 9 am and ends at 10:30 and then its a 6 hour and 30minutes wait to the next period with the old man and school ended at 7pm, i get home at 8:30 due to bus traffic and instantly fall asleep, tired exhausted and no sense of happiness. The sad thing is i cant tell this to my university's, they dont care which is saddddd and my year was the last to do a levels at that college, they removed a levels because so many people failed lol.

Alright you seem really interested in switching, if you have the discipline to say the next 10 hours is pure studying and not procrastination than anything is doable. Even with this I would go against recommending you to switch any of your subjects its november 19th of 2017 thats wayyyyyy too late even for someone like me. You would be so stressed and behind in practicals and everything just thinking about it, is giving me a PTSD. The 3 subjects you choose, were your choice, nobody forced it so this instant urge to change subjects is not you, its your short term brain saying "if i change now i have a reason to tell my parents if i fail the exams, the reason being i started the subject too late". Do your best in your current 3 AS levels is my advice.
Well sorry hear that, my last school was like that but bloody hell I just don't know how to decide. Thanks BTW.

Quick Reply

Latest