The Student Room Group

Bringing Corpus to life.

BRINGING CORPUS TO LIFE.

HI

'Tis I, CorpusLuteum.
I intend on getting into university at some point. Currently, I'm an AS student. It would very much appeal to me to study Literature, maybe English or who knows, might get a bit exotic and go for another language...

(GYG) I'll get more time to personalise this but I really wanna just do it so i can keep myself on track. :smile:))))

MY GCSEs:

Spoiler

AS Levels:

English Lit:
Predicted Grade: A
1st Test: D

Art:
Predicted Grade: A
1st Grade: B

Film:
Predicted Grade: B
1st Test: B

Math:
Predicted Grade: ??
1st Grade: (TBC)

EPQ:
Still haven't even got a project inquiry lol

:flutter: Other resources: :flutter:

Spoiler

:fluffy:Personal Statement/Extra-Curricular Ref::fluffy:

Spoiler

:cookie:BOOK LOG: (Outside of curriculum):cookie:

Spoiler

Have I got too much on my plate? Only time will tell!!!

Lets-i-go!

Love,
CorpusLuteum
(edited 6 years ago)
Ooh that's a really varied set of subjects! What are you thinking of doing for your EPQ?

The best of luck! :rave:
Original post by EmilySarah00
Ooh that's a really varied set of subjects! What are you thinking of doing for your EPQ?

The best of luck! :rave:

Thanks so much! I'm thinking of doing an EPQ around English Literature or Arabic Literature??? I need a specific enquiry lol still snooping around doing some research on what exactly I'd like to delve into :P

Are you an A level student? Are you doing EPQ?
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Thanks so much! I'm thinking of doing an EPQ around English Literature or Arabic Literature??? I need a specific enquiry lol still snooping around doing some research on what exactly I'd like to delve into :P

Are you an A level student? Are you doing EPQ?

I think you’ll have found a little bit more about me after finding my GYG! :teehee:

But yeah I’m an A Level student and I completed an EPQ last year! :woo:
I think you’ll have found a little bit more about me after finding my GYG! :teehee:

But yeah I’m an A Level student and I completed an EPQ last year! :woo:

Ah yes!!!!
Sorry about that hella stalker move, I was intrigued!
That's uber cool! Any advice for getting started with EPQ? ???
Ah yes!!!!
Sorry about that hella stalker move, I was intrigued!
That's uber cool! Any advice for getting started with EPQ? ???

Nah it wasn’t that stalker don’t you worry! :lol:

Once you’ve picked a clear topic spend a considerable amount time gathering research and putting a plan in place so you feel prepared to get started. EPQ sounds like a huge task so split it down in to smaller tasks to make it seem more manageable! Good luck!!!!
Reply 6
Clickbait -__-
Original post by Texxers
Clickbait -__-

Lol sorry about that, :P
Nah it wasn’t that stalker don’t you worry! :lol:

Once you’ve picked a clear topic spend a considerable amount time gathering research and putting a plan in place so you feel prepared to get started. EPQ sounds like a huge task so split it down in to smaller tasks to make it seem more manageable! Good luck!!!!

:lol::lol:

Thank youuuuu!!!!!! :tongue:
:holly:Corpus Trails Behind :holly:-- 11/12/17

Hola,
How doth ye????
I hope to get back on track before Christmas!!

ENGLISH:
I've so many homework essays... well, a couple, or three to catch up on which is extreeeeemely lamentable!
Additionally, I've homework due mid-week which is currently no where near done. Currently in need of divine intervention, hah.

ART:
Sometimes I wonder whether I am even actually doing an art a-level, I find myself so occupied with my other subjects I rarely spend any time outside of school doing Art.
If I get a chance to stick to my new timetable I'll be doing 2 hours extra at least after school. Hmmmm, where shall I find time for the other 2 hours.

FILM:
Bless this A-level, I find it dead easy watching films. *knocks on wood*
Although script-writing is absolutely strenuous! :eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3: Need to get homework done at set times in my schedule so I can commence with weekly revision.

MATH:
:afraid::afraid::afraid:
I've done absolutely no prep for my January exam, and I feel anxious, lord knows only how I'll pass it even.

EPQ::unimpressed:
What the hell EPQ can you please explain to me why I can't find a literature article for tomorrow!!! It's absolutely dire that I've not found an article, I should've seriously asked the teacher for help today. My bad. :frown:

Well, that's a wrap of the past two weeks. I'm still trying to get myself on track. It's super demanding doing so many things at once.
Although, the good news is, I did start reading :snow:'The Picture of Dorian Grey' By Oscar Wilde. :snow: It's immensely intriguing. :smile:

:flowers: New Words::flowers:

Lamentable - (of an event, action, attitude or circumstance) very bad; unfortunate; deplorable.

Strenuous - requiring great effort or exertion.

Dire - Extremely serious or urgent; terrible.

That's all methinks!
Shall update fortnightly.
CorpusLuteum
@EmilySarah00 just found out that I have to get my target grade for all my subjects in Jan mocks otherwise I'll have to re-take.... !!!!

:eek4::eek4::eek4:
In what way possible am I gonna get an A in my English mock exam after Christmas. Lawd.
Perhaps I should write Paragraphs until I am sick of them.
@EmilySarah00 just found out that I have to get my target grade for all my subjects in Jan mocks otherwise I'll have to re-take.... !!!!

:eek4::eek4::eek4:
In what way possible am I gonna get an A in my English mock exam after Christmas. Lawd.
Perhaps I should write Paragraphs until I am sick of them.

Woah woah what?! I presume you mean you'd have to retake the mock right? Because that wouldn't be the absolute end of the world. I think that is a little harsh on students predicted straight A's however. I'm predicted that but I only achieved AAC on my mocks and I was ok with that.

Good luck with English! Sadly I'm not qualified enough to give you English advice, I'm sure you're much better than me!
Subscribed.:cool:
Woah woah what?! I presume you mean you'd have to retake the mock right? Because that wouldn't be the absolute end of the world. I think that is a little harsh on students predicted straight A's however. I'm predicted that but I only achieved AAC on my mocks and I was ok with that.

Good luck with English! Sadly I'm not qualified enough to give you English advice, I'm sure you're much better than me!

Ah! Yes, mocks! Gosh, AAC is still very impressive though! Thank youuuuu :smile:

Original post by 04MR17
Subscribed.:cool:

Aye(in archaic) mate! :u: lol Welcome home!!!!!!!!!!!!

CORPUS CHRIST-MAS!!!

IT'S FINALLY THE HOLIDAYS!!!! Brilliaaant. :horns::horns:

:heart:I feel prepared to study, especially after seeking the advice of these amazing TED talks::heart:

Spoiler

I'll start this post by saying, this clearly isn't a fortnightly-post-business. Let's fill you in with Subject Specifics.
(I know it doesn't sound very specific, but I will fill this in with the specific things I do over the course of the next two weeks.)

:crossedf::crossedf::crossedf:ENGLISH LITERATURE: :crossedf::crossedf::crossedf:
Revision will consist of: (This is totally a checklist)

Linking both texts I am sitting an exam on

Completing Theme sheets because the teacher dropped hints that our exam will be theme based#

Writing Essays for Themed questions

Revising Unseen Prose Time Periods

Attempting some more Unseen prose style questions.

MATHEMATICS:
Wowowow -- How to revise:

Revise Said topics which I have yet to know lol im skrewed :bawling::bawling:

Do Topical Past Exam Questions... Probably from ExamSolutions.com -- Got any other Resources??

FILM STUDIES:
How can be tested on 3 films, oh my life.

Make/Finish Resources on specific Scenes AND Representation

Practise Timed condition essay writing

Go over Film Techniques/Jargon blah blah blah:hifro:

ART:
Easy peasy:hoppy: I've already done quite a lot of this because I'm forever doing art to distract myself

Print off Theme Pictures

Finish Mind Map with ideas around topic

Do Topical Observational

Do Artist Research

Maybe look at Exhibitions you could go to in the new year?? There's the Jane Austen £10 note one...

EPQ:
Well Well Well WELLL

Read around your topic of Interest

Actually Finish reading TPoDG

Get some bloody help, lol.

:groovy:I am doing this because I have an opportunity to succeed and I will take it !!:groovy:
:holly2:

Created a Christmas Revision Time-table On the GET REVISING site which will come in particularly handy this Christmas - Will write up specific tasks to get done in revision slots the night before. 'Tis a ritual.

MAJOR Side Note: I keep getting a stressed that I won't have enough time to do everything I need to do to succeed in my exams, but I am trying my best to push those thoughts away -- as advised by Carrie Green's TED talk. I can do it! Whatever I get done now will not go to waste in the long run!

:kart:

Am I supposed to tag you guys?? Sorry if you don't want to be tagged:

Spoiler

I feel the need, the need to give advice.
:crossedf::crossedf::crossedf:ENGLISH LITERATURE: :crossedf::crossedf::crossedf:
Revision will consist of: (This is totally a checklist)

Linking both texts I am sitting an exam on

Completing Theme sheets because the teacher dropped hints that our exam will be theme based#

Writing Essays for Themed questions

Revising Unseen Prose Time Periods

Attempting some more Unseen prose style questions.

1. This is vague. Be specific about what you want to do so you have a specific foal to achieve it.:yep:
2. Don't revise for mocks.:nah: Revise for the real exams instead, they are more important x1000000
3. How many?
4. How?
5. How many? Isn't this the same as the one above?

MATHEMATICS:
Wowowow -- How to revise:

Revise Said topics which I have yet to know lol im skrewed :bawling::bawling:

Do Topical Past Exam Questions... Probably from ExamSolutions.com -- Got any other Resources??

1. way way too big and vague.
2.physicsandmathstutor.com (or .co.uk):yep:

FILM STUDIES:
How can be tested on 3 films, oh my life.

Make/Finish Resources on specific Scenes AND Representation

Practise Timed condition essay writing

Go over Film Techniques/Jargon blah blah blah:hifro:

1.How many scenes? HINT: the fewer the better:wink:
2. How many?
3. In what way?
ART:
Easy peasy:hoppy: I've already done quite a lot of this because I'm forever doing art to distract myself

Print off Theme Pictures

Finish Mind Map with ideas around topic

Do Topical Observational

Do Artist Research

Maybe look at Exhibitions you could go to in the new year?? There's the Jane Austen £10 note one...

4. set some goals :yep:

EPQ:
Well Well Well WELLL

Read around your topic of Interest

Actually Finish reading TPoDG

Get some bloody help, lol.

1. Read around with specific goals (I made this mistake and wasted time). Finding your argument/own opinion should be the goal.:yep: Once you have that, begin writing, then continue reading when you need to support your words with evidence.:yep: Happy to help on EPQs:biggrin:

:groovy:I am doing this because I have an opportunity to succeed and I will take it !!:groovy:
:yay:

Created a Christmas Revision Time-table On the GET REVISING site which will come in particularly handy this Christmas - Will write up specific tasks to get done in revision slots the night before. 'Tis a ritual.
:yy:
MAJOR Side Note: I keep getting a stressed that I won't have enough time to do everything I need to do to succeed in my exams,
Because you're trying to do more than you have to.:yep: You've set demands on yourself far too high.:sadnod:
@04MR17
Lol, the need! I am glad you were so kind as to give advice. I just realised I've been make big bold statements without actually having specific ideas about what I'll do which is very scary to think about.
Thanks for this! Smart tasks will probably be more productive, you're right!
Gosh ahhhhh, also thanks for your advice on EPQ; I still haven't got an argument which I know sounds dumb, I just can't find a point of particular debate in my topic area... :frown:
Gaahhhh, you're amazing!! :colondollar:
@04MR17
Lol, the need! I am glad you were so kind as to give advice. I just realised I've been make big bold statements without actually having specific ideas about what I'll do which is very scary to think about.
Thanks for this! Smart tasks will probably be more productive, you're right!
Gosh ahhhhh, also thanks for your advice on EPQ; I still haven't got an argument which I know sounds dumb, I just can't find a point of particular debate in my topic area... :frown:
Gaahhhh, you're amazing!! :colondollar:
What's your EPQ on?:curious:
Original post by 04MR17
What's your EPQ on?:curious:

Well, It's an English Literature EPQ; I've chosen to look at the Aestheticism and Decadence movement i.e. books like The Picture of Dorian Gray; 'Art for Arts Sake'; Essayists like Oscar Wilde but also the Notions of men such as William Morris ...
It's all a bit jumbled up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending