The Student Room Group

Mobile Border Force 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fac51
Janice and OCR

Mobile Border Force Officer at Portsmouth. The email was sent this morning.

I’m guessing it’s because they have interviews running until the end of the month. So they know I’ve met the criteria but depending on how others do will determine if I’m appointed straight away or on reserve.

Any news is good news! Were you an external or internal candidate Fac?
Reply 41
Original post by kathleenk6
Any news is good news! Were you an external or internal candidate Fac?

External
Original post by Blueeye
Is it the interview email your waiting on?

Yes
Reply 43
So what happens in mobile do they pay your travel/hotels or do they include travelling time within your shift.Surely can’t be expected to commute anywhere at own expense?
You turn up at your base location and the team is bussed to the location for that day during the shift as far as I know. For locations further away from base or for specific operations hotel stays would be paid for by the home office.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Jamsarnie
You turn up at your base location and the team is bussed to the location for that day during the shift as far as I know. For locations further away from base or for specific operations hotel stays would be paid for by the home office.

Exactly how it was explained to me. Turn up normal shift time at base location, take a pool vehicle and off you go to alternate site.

Ideal for me. I live in Portsmouth so that’ll be my base location.
All the forms emailed or sent off, now the long wait for a start date.
Original post by Jamsarnie

Must depend on your home/base location. I was told that current/previous mobile teams work a week at a time at whichever location is needed (although the BF guy said that this isn't definite for new teams). This was for Belfast.

It's a bit annoying the way we have to sign a declaration saying we're happy to work the mobile roles when it's not really clear exactly what this entails!
Original post by samanthani
Must depend on your home/base location. I was told that current/previous mobile teams work a week at a time at whichever location is needed (although the BF guy said that this isn't definite for new teams). This was for Belfast.

It's a bit annoying the way we have to sign a declaration saying we're happy to work the mobile roles when it's not really clear exactly what this entails!

They really don't know what's happening...... a little bit worrying? Remain flexible, hey?
Reply 49
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
They really don't know what's happening...... a little bit worrying? Remain flexible, hey?

I was speaking to the interviewers and the HR lady and I mentioned the one week on and one week of and she said that isn’t true. They don’t have that rotation. They didn’t know much about the way the job is going to work out. So just wait and see when the contract comes through I guess. A little bit of unknown situation
Reply 50
Once told your successful do they run through the sc clearance? Or do you have to wait until you have start dates etc?
Reply 51
Original post by Cherrg
Once told your successful do they run through the sc clearance? Or do you have to wait until you have start dates etc?

They won’t offer start date until SC and other checks are complete.

SC completion times are dependent on your circumstances and can take anywhere between a month to six months tom complete.
Original post by Fac51
They won’t offer start date until SC and other checks are complete.

SC completion times are dependent on your circumstances and can take anywhere between a month to six months tom complete.

I've had to send in a baseline check, but the last time I applied for full SC clearance, it was done online. I've not been invited to do this yet, 2 weeks after receiving my provisional offer. I'm also pretty sure they haven't asked for enough info to do anything other than baseline clearance so far.
Reply 53
Original post by Janice111
I've had to send in a baseline check, but the last time I applied for full SC clearance, it was done online. I've not been invited to do this yet, 2 weeks after receiving my provisional offer. I'm also pretty sure they haven't asked for enough info to do anything other than baseline clearance so far.

Yeah it will be online from the MOD I think. Last time I applied it took a little while to receive the link and I ended up chasing
Original post by Fac51
Yeah it will be online from the MOD I think. Last time I applied it took a little while to receive the link and I ended up chasing

I've applied internally from HMRC but still have to jump through the same hoops as far as vetting goes. I have an old MOD SC clearance that doesn't expire until 2020 but will still have to apply again lol. Where have you applied for? Any new back yet after interview?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 55
I've applied for Belfast internally from HMRC but still have to jump through the same hoops as far as vetting goes. I have an old MOD SC clearance that doesn't expire until 2020 but will still have to apply again lol. Where have you applied for? Any new back yet after interview?

Portsmouth.

Only updated was that I’ve performed well at interview but they can’t tell me if I have a position or will be on reserve list until 9th Feb
I applied for BF through Civil service job pages (im HMRC employee) in october.
Shortly after saw an advert for BF Mobile near me but it said if you have already applied for BF then you just need to complete a seperate form with a preference and if mobile applies to that location, state on it if you wanted to be considered.

My interview was last week (17th jan) and was told that due to interview dates (last one is 2nd feb) i wouldnt hear for another 6-8 wks as all the previous, current and forthcoming interview assessments had to be loaded and weeded.

I initially didnt want to go mobile but i thought there was a need for them and i might have a better chance in getti g a post if i went for that.

Fingers crossed
Original post by Fatblokexl
Shortly after saw an advert for BF Mobile near me but it said if you have already applied for BF then you just need to complete a seperate form with a preference and if mobile applies to that location, state on it if you wanted to be considered.

My interview was last week (17th jan) and was told that due to interview dates (last one is 2nd feb) i wouldnt hear for another 6-8 wks as all the previous, current and forthcoming interview assessments had to be loaded and weeded.

I initially didnt want to go mobile but i thought there was a need for them and i might have a better chance in getti g a post if i went for that.

Fingers crossed

They would need to see how many of the internal applicants (I'm also hmrc) accept formal offers before they know how many they need to provide from the external pool. I would hope that would speed up the pre employment checks somewhat?
Original post by Fatblokexl

Fingers crossed

Did you apply externally for the Mobile Border Force role? I get the impression from interview that the Mobile role may be for a couple of years while they get over the whole Brexit fallout and we might be used to backfill natural wastage at permanent locations after that. I don't think anyone is too sure what we'll end up doing to be honest, they can't even definitively state shifts or Rita's they intend to put us on, lol.
Did you apply externally for the Mobile Border Force role? I get the impression from interview that the Mobile role may be for a couple of years while they get over the whole Brexit fallout and we might be used to backfill natural wastage at permanent locations after that. I don't think anyone is too sure what we'll end up doing to be honest, they can't even definitively state shifts or Rita's they intend to put us on, lol.

I was asked when i applied for BF if i wanted to be considered for mobile so no need to apply directly for mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending