The Student Room Group

Mobile Border Force 2018

Started to differentiate from the static recruitment campaign....... for those who have genuinely applied for the mobile force only please. Not for forum stalkers, please contribute sensibly.

Scroll to see replies

I got the job..... yeeeeeooooooo! Now the long wait for background/pre employment checks.
I also got the job......yeeeeeoooooooo! Belfast results looking well so far.
For those wanting some reasoning behind the mobile role, I found this on the union website:

" 10 Nov 2017 Adverts for Mobile Border Force Officers are currently on the Civil Service Jobs website. PCS was informed that Border Force has received additional funding for 300 officers up and above headcount, however only 252 officer posts have been advertised. PCS is seeking clarification on what the 300 exactly means (officers only or team leaders, support staff etc). PCS was advised that the rationale was to recruit multifunctional officers with a national remit to assist with releasing local staff to receive the required training prior to Brexit. While PCS welcomes the increase in staff there are a number of concerns that we have raised some of which are. Is it fair that these staff receive full training while existing staff have continually been denied it and PCS remains to be convinced they will get it in the future? Will team leader exercises be run in parallel, and how will resulting vacancies be filled? This will provide the opportunity for a number of members to be promoted from AO. Will Border Force be running a recruitment campaign to fill any residual vacancies at this level in a timely manner? Exactly what training will this release staff to undertake? We are concerned that there will be nothing regarding international trade, an area often ignored, but a discipline that Brexit has the potential to impact most greatly on. Whilst PCS recognises that this is a step in the right direction in relation to preparing us for Brexit it does not address the staffing issues branches and members see on a daily basis, As we have been assured these are additional posts, it is vital that all branches seek assurances on recruitment to ensure that these are really up and above the current staffing."
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
Started to differentiate from the static recruitment campaign....... for those who have genuinely applied for the mobile force only please. Not for forum stalkers, please contribute sensibly.

Thanks for setting this up.

I had my interview on Monday for the external positions (Belfast based).

Does anyone have any further info on the mobile role e.g. regions etc?

Sam
Original post by samanthani

Sam

Good luck! No other details though I have emailed someone who is already in the job to see if they know anymore than I've posted above. Do you live in Belfast at the moment? I'm working that way at the moment but travelling from the Northwest..... Aldergrove will be much handier, lol. The long wait for a start date is going to kill me.

Seeing as it's a national campaign, I can't see much call for us to be deployed to the mainland to be honest, I'd think we will be relieving our staff here and the mainland will look after their own regions?
Thanks. In the interview they said I should hear in 10 days, but I'm not holding my breath lol.

Also, I asked for a bit more info while I was there. Although the Border Force guy said that he didn't have full info, previously, mobile staff work a week on/ week off, and would cover the north region - which seems to be everything further north than and including Manchester! Before the interview, I was just expecting the role to be covering Northern Ireland only, and mainly the International Airport, so that was unexpected lol!

I think my interview went ok - former NICS employee, so familiar with the old competency based interview, although the scenario was a new thing. It was also less formal than I was expecting.

Well done on getting it btw. I take it you were on the internal recruitment, which must have been a bit earlier than the external.

Samantha
Thanks. In the interview they said I should hear in 10 days, but I'm not holding my breath lol.

Also, I asked for a bit more info while I was there. Although the Border Force guy said that he didn't have full info, previously, mobile staff work a week on/ week off, and would cover the north region - which seems to be everything further north than and including Manchester! Before the interview, I was just expecting the role to be covering Northern Ireland only, and mainly the International Airport, so that was unexpected lol!

I think my interview went ok - former NICS employee, so familiar with the old competency based interview, although the scenario was a new thing. It was also less formal than I was expecting.

Well done on getting it btw. I take it you were on the internal recruitment, which must have been a bit earlier than the external.

Samantha

Happy days, fingers crossed then. Had my interview week before Christmas, so happy to hear this quickly tbh, now the long boring wait, lol. Did they give you any idea of start dates? I think they'll wait until there's enough of us to train up as a larger group before starting.
Anybody else lurking who's applied 😬?
<----

Good luck all.
Original post by OnceUponAStudent
<----

Good luck all.

Where have you applied for?
Reply 11

Sam

hi sam

i have my interview this week for heathrow based. was in interview just competency based and an case study??

good luck, i hope you get the job :smile:
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
Where have you applied for?

First choice Heathrow. Interview tomorrow.... :eek:
Yes I applied still awaiting interview .anyone have any information on what is going on..?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
I have applied for Heathrow based mobile team (external) and the interview is Friday the 19th
Original post by Blueeye
I have applied for Heathrow based mobile team (external) and the interview is Friday the 19th

Ok I applied external too. I'll have to wait until email turns up cheers
Thanks I applied Heathrow based too..external...I'll have to wait for an email
Reply 17
Original post by Cmikecall
Thanks I applied Heathrow based too..external...I'll have to wait for an email

Is it the interview email your waiting on?
If you applied in the external campaign where the deadline of application was mid-December, and you still haven't heard back whether you have an interview or not, I would suggest you fell in the "we may place your application on hold if you pass the sift yet are not in the top socring applications" category since the scheduled timeline for interview was last week and this week.
Original post by Blueeye
Is it the interview email your waiting on?

Yes

Quick Reply