The Student Room Group

UNIT 1: Information Technology Systems Exam

I am taking the Pearson ICT BTEC Unit 1: Information Technology Systems next week. Can anyone help me to understand the content, my teacher insists on over complicating everything!!!!!
Reply 1
I could help, what you struggling on?
Reply 2
Make sure to print out the specification.
I'm not sure whether this PDF is out-of-date or not, but it looks like pages 17-27 have got quite a lot of terms which you could search for. I can't think of any specific resources, but if you know the right keywords and terms to bash into Google, then you'll find loads of explanations, examples, case studies, etc:

If nothing else, it looks like a good check-list to figure out how much of the content you're comfortable with and how much you need to learn.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/BTEC-Nationals/Information-Technology/2016/specification-and-sample-assessments/9781446939505-BTEC-NAT-L3-DIP-IT-SPEC-PREPUBv4.pdf
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by bruxy8
I could help, what you struggling on?

everything, nothing will go in
Original post by winterscoming
I'm not sure whether this PDF is out-of-date or not, but it looks like pages 17-27 have got quite a lot of terms which you could search for. I can't think of any specific resources, but if you know the right keywords and terms to bash into Google, then you'll find loads of explanations, examples, case studies, etc:

If nothing else, it looks like a good check-list to figure out how much of the content you're comfortable with and how much you need to learn.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/BTEC-Nationals/Information-Technology/2016/specification-and-sample-assessments/9781446939505-BTEC-NAT-L3-DIP-IT-SPEC-PREPUBv4.pdf

I've already gone through the specification, just struggling to understand it all as I don't know computers themselves just how to use them if that makes sense
Reply 6
Original post by basketballgirl11
I've already gone through the specification, just struggling to understand it all as I don't know computers themselves just how to use them if that makes sense

Well mate quit complaining and wasting time and start revising for the exam.

If your talking like that, then i dont even see the point in you sitting this exam. If your that worried your gonna fail, just drop out of it then.

It's clear you dont like or enjoy the subject if your complaining that much.
Original post by james563
Well mate quit complaining and wasting time and start revising for the exam.

If your talking like that, then i dont even see the point in you sitting this exam. If your that worried your gonna fail, just drop out of it then.

It's clear you dont like or enjoy the subject if your complaining that much.

Bit harsh, I do enjoy the subject, I got an A* at GCSE and as i've retook the year so i've also got a B at AS, so its not that i don't put the effort in, its just if you look at the specification and then the sample assessment material, there is content on there that is not on the specification so you know, not my fault i've had useless teaching
Subscribe to Know It All Ninja. It has all the content for the unit with videos and quizzes for every topic.
Reply 9
How was the paper?
Does anyone have this paper?
anyone have the 2019 or 2020 papers
do u have paper
Original post by ehyy4324
anyone have the 2019 or 2020 papers

you find it yet
i have just took the unit 1 IT systems exam and got 46% but my teacher wont say how that translates to pass, merit or dist. Does anyone know what 46% on the exam gets you??
i think that might be close to a distinction
distinction is normally 45/90
That's good news, thank you very much. I'm just very impatient. isn't it madness that under 50% get you the highest mark
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending