The Student Room Group

Harris Westimster Sixth Form 2018 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erratic_deus
if i get an interview offer could I assume that I got over 80% on a hard chemistry and add. maths paper?

Probably but they’d have to keep in mind the amount of other students that also got over 80%. The more students that acquired a higher score the smaller the cut of point for a pass. Harris also offer the hardest exam board for each subject so they’re looking for the best of the best pretty much
I'm doing Philosophy as one of my entrance exams. Any help on how to prepare. Preferably from a student who has sat the test. The specimen questions on the website are so vague. Any help on how to prepare for History as well. I pretty much know everything in my school's curriculum but I just don't know what to expect in these exams! Hopefully we all do well.
I have offers at Westminster (85% Queen's scholarship), SPGS (full bursary), Latymer (full bursary), Greshams (full bursary) , Marlborough (Academic 100% scholarship), NHS (Academic scholarship), Brentwood and Cheltenham (both full bursary).

I have applied to state schools
King's Maths
Harris Westminster
St Olaves
London Oratory
but they are taking too long to reply to me. I have to decide what school I'm going to.
I want to go Cambridge and study maths or Engineering.
Why do they wait till Jan to shortlist candidates.
I've sent in all my predictions and achieved grades.

My exam is on 20th Jan, in Further maths and physics
On 3rd Feb I'll be at St Olave's

Anyone going want to meet up!

Is this similar to anyone else
@physicseastldn @mundosinfin @okurr123 @livxwaterman @c.gebre @thekidwhogames @dec25 @Fairmaiden @skate_board

@physicseastldn @mundosinfin @okurr123 @livxwaterman @c.gebre @thekidwhogames @dec25 @Fairmaiden @skate_board

I'm going st olave's but just for revision.
go to all of them 4 revision
then focus on westminster or spgs because they r conditional offers
I have offers at Westminster (85% Queen's scholarship), SPGS (full bursary), Latymer (full bursary), Greshams (full bursary) , Marlborough (Academic 100% scholarship), NHS (Academic scholarship), Brentwood and Cheltenham (both full bursary).

King's Maths
Harris Westminster
St Olaves
London Oratory
but they are taking too long to reply to me. I have to decide what school I'm going to.

Hahaha unfortunately not, afraid I’m staying in Scotland... funny though I had a dream about going back to my old school last night :tongue:

King's Maths
Harris Westminster
St Olaves
London Oratory

Wow!!! Well done! This is a really random question but what are your predicted grades? I'm guessing your first choice is going to be Westminster?
Original post by Ihatelife2
Wow!!! Well done! This is a really random question but what are your predicted grades? I'm guessing your first choice is going to be Westminster?

2 9's
then the rest solid 6's
2 9's
then the rest solid 6's

nice

King's Maths
Harris Westminster
St Olaves
London Oratory

Hey, I’m doing those two exams tomorrow too! Might see you there
I am going to lindley hell I will leave from victoria station walk to greycoat street which funnily enough is where I sat my Westminster scholarship exams!! I also convinced about 2 people to apply and just take the further maths and physics paper so it could be “cool” to do exam-conditioned revision
How was that for you guys
They made the maths exam far too easy wtf
I finished in 15 minutes and I had to sit for the remaining 25...
How the hell are they going to shortlist candidates????
Reply 53
Original post by SaDe7
Who else is thinking of applying to harris westminster sixth form?
If you are a current student, maybe you could give some guidance on the application process?

If you do fail your exam , is there any opportunities later to still get in???
Original post by u3dl
If you do fail your exam , is there any opportunities later to still get in???

I remember seeing somewhere that if you get really good results on results day you can take your results there. Plus loads of people apparently leave within the first half term so there should be loads of spaces. I hope those things are true.
Reply 55
I remember seeing somewhere that if you get really good results on results day you can take your results there. Plus loads of people apparently leave within the first half term so there should be loads of spaces. I hope those things are true.

Yh i'm not gonna loose my hope
Original post by u3dl
Yh i'm not gonna loose my hope

Don't
The Math entrance exam wasn't as hard as I'd hoped it'd be. I'm not personally an applicant but I do enjoy solving Mathematical challenges. The last question was a simultaneous equation test - a standard GCSE question (I wouldn't even say it's g8/9). Good luck everyone who applied!
Original post by thekidwhogames
The Math entrance exam wasn't as hard as I'd hoped it'd be. I'm not personally an applicant but I do enjoy solving Mathematical challenges. The last question was a simultaneous equation test - a standard GCSE question (I wouldn't even say it's g8/9). Good luck everyone who applied!

What would you say the circle question was?
What would you say the circle question was?

I'd say the circle question would be a grade 7/8 since it didn't really involve anything outside of normal methods. I can see it being in a GCSE paper (as there had been harder ones on new spec papers).

Quick Reply

Latest