The Student Room Group

The Tale of Psychdog's GCSE/IGCSE Journey (GYG)

"So I'm picking up the pieces, now where to begin,
the hardest part of ending is starting again"

IT BEGINS HERE......

Hello peeps, Psychdog here and I am 15 years old (16 in February) and I am in year 11. I study in Dubai, UAE and first went to an American school before joining my current British school. This is the documentation of my struggles and achievements in my journey through the preparation of my GCSE/IGCSE exams which i will be sitting on May/June 2018.

The Purpose of this Thread......

This is not only to win a prize but to help myself thrive and work hard to achieve what i want the most as well as to overcome my mental illness by bringing motivation in my life and to bring the best in myself.

My IGCSE/GCSE Subjects

Spoiler

My November Pre-Mock Results

Spoiler

Final Mocks Results (Coming Soon)

Spoiler

Yes i know my results for Pre-Mocks are pretty horrid to see, however there is always room for improvement right? I cannot wait to start this adventure here in TSR and hopefully this will inspire others in the long run.

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
94F35806-5CBC-4EA3-9C67-FEB5C420C9C1.jpg.jpeg

This is my schedule i made last night. Pretty cheap but it’s better than nothing!
Reply 2
BE98AC1A-79EE-4EB2-AC78-FEF6E5509A14.jpg.jpeg

My shelf where i keep all my school books is FREAKING me out, like its just so messy I should definitely clean it

7790A31F-FFF2-4686-A181-0F9A31538786.jpg.jpeg

Yay cleaned my workspace!! Big accomplishment today because usually I don’t have much motivation by the end of the day.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
B707220E-D1B0-4B51-9AB4-3CF36B3E14BD.jpg.jpeg

Arabic Teacher Absent! I had two free periods back to back so i decided not to waste time and revise some Psychology.
Reply 4
Okay so i can sense that my blog is starting to get boring, here's some stuff about me. Ask me stuff if you like!

Spoiler

Reply 5
am subscribing!! good luck!!
Reply 6
Original post by nyxnko_
am subscribing!! good luck!!

Thank You i appreciate it!!
Reply 7
Sorry for the late update! My parents took away the wifi because they think I'm addicted! (probably true):facepalm:

So in school for this week, we are having something called skills week for the Yr 11's in preparation for the final mocks which will take place in February. So instead of the normal six period schedule of the week, we will be having only two options in a day with three periods occupying one option.

For example: today i had English for the first three periods and Math for the last three periods. Tomorrow will be my option 5 which is Biology for the first three periods and option 3 for the last three periods which is my dropped subject AKA chemistry.

Overall i think this skills week thing is pretty useless. Its the same amount of lessons every week so i don't see the point of sitting through one subject for almost 2 hours.

I will try my best to update daily! (if i'm not too busy or if my parents don't take away the internet)
Reply 8

Weekly Update : 1-2-18 :sub2:
to keep my blog alive and healthy i will start updating weekly with the things I've done during my lessons and the ups and downs of the days. I will also try to keep updating my progress during the days as well, if I'm not too busy worrying about so much things in my life. I know I started very very late on this GLG and i do apologize for that. My blog is pretty much dead and i hope i get noticed one day. At least.

SUNDAY
This day started off pretty dull and boring. As explained above skills week has started and for the first three periods is Islamic lesson which is literally no one paying attention to what's going on. Teacher just puts on a video and apparently i was the only one watching :nothing:. Arabic for the last three periods of the day and i missed one period because i couldn't find my class and my classmates didn't bother calling me despite having my phone number. Oh well, i am aware not much people even know i exist. Practiced maths past papers through the night and went to bed feeling very dead.

Monday
English for the first three periods. Teacher gave us a Paper 3 past paper as a small test. Maths for the last three periods. Teacher just introduced the specifications of the test and the types of papers we will be getting (paper 3HR and 4HR). Teacher has a knack for missing many lessons with us so she goes out halfway through the second last period and came back about 15 mins before the day is about to end. Disaster. i get home and study biology in preparation for tomorrow's long lesson (sigh). At this point i was very closing to losing it.

Tuesday
Biology for the first three periods and the teacher decides to show up in the second period. So much for being an hour late. Gave us a few past paper practice questions. By form time i have received my paper of Statement of Entry for my CIE IGCSE subjects and found out i have three papers in one day (22nd May). great. Got chemistry for the next three lesson. Since i dropped it i ended up doing some Biology work. Stayed back in school until 3:30 pm for extra help for English. Went to Islamic class at 4:30 pm and sat down at 9 pm to finish my psychology presentation. Tuesdays are the busiest for me.

Wednesday
Started the day off with three periods of literature. My anxiety skyrocketed in the morning and i ended up having a mild anxiety attack during the two lessons of literature. Me being stupid forgot we had a test on poetry in the third lesson, and i didn't even bring my poetry folder. Thank god my teacher was in a good mood, as she let us bring it home and submit it first thing in the morning on the next Sunday. Psychology for the last three lessons and although i liked psychology we didn't do anything at all and i wasn't in the mood for anything. It was a very bad day.

Thursday
Finally, Thursday. Had economics in the first three lessons which i dropped so i finished my english past paper and did some biology work. 8am and i already couldn't wait to get home. Maths for the last three lessons and as usual my teacher decides to ditch us because there was an event and less people attended the class. Was given some practice sheets for next weeks mid-term test :cry2: but I just didn't have the will to do all of it. Was supposed to hang out with a friend after school but she was busy. So i took this opportunity to go for a walk and try to relax after a very horrible anxious week.

In conclusion, it was a very very bad week. Being bombarded with anxiety and heavy sadness everyday, as well as having a lot of breakdowns during this week. At least it may not be too bad tomorrow as I'm volunteering for an event in school. Hopefully that will go well, and hopefully everything else will go well in the next days.

Thanks for reading through my mini rant. Don't be afraid to ask me questions if you like.

:sucks:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending