The Student Room Group

English Language Exam - Story Writing

I was wondering if you can use e.g. a story from the book and alter it into your story.
i don't think the marker would notice if you did it really well but it's quite difficult to alter a storyline so much that it seems original, especially in such a short time- although you could use some points from it for inspiration. if you want to practice writing from prompts like in the exam, this site (linked) is pretty good :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by honeyofcourse
i don't think the marker would notice if you did it really well but it's quite difficult to alter a storyline so much that it seems original, especially in such a short time- although you could use some points from it for inspiration. if you want to practice writing from prompts like in the exam, this site (linked) is pretty good :smile:

It may sound funny, but what if I would alter Star Wars The Last Jedi a bit which focuses on Kylo and Luke. I would remove this sci-fi setting like lightsabers, the Force and etc. Then make it seem all natural with small but visible bits of fantasy. I'm asking this since you've got Ahsoka on your pp.
Original post by gandalfhan
It may sound funny, but what if I would alter Star Wars The Last Jedi a bit which focuses on Kylo and Luke. I would remove this sci-fi setting like lightsabers, the Force and etc. Then make it seem all natural with small but visible bits of fantasy. I'm asking this since you've got Ahsoka on your pp.

aha you've come to the right girl for that! uhm if you followed the same plot but very loosely and didn't make the characters too similar (ie. nephew and uncle, the whole dark and light setup) then you might get away with it, especially if it's in a pretty normal setting. you can draw inspiration from anything and base things off events or films like tlj, but just be careful not to make it really obvious and you should be okay- good luck!
Reply 4
Alright and thanks a lot! Much appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest