The Student Room Group

Hey.

I'm currently in Year 11 and starting to kind of freak out about the fact that GCSEs are in about 3 months, it's crazy!! Year 10 seems like years ago and this year is going way too fast. My mocks didn't go particularly well and I'm really lacking motivation at the moment. I'm hoping that by doing this I can start to get down to some serious work as I'm stressing out that time is slowly running out. Hopefully, I can learn something from anyone who reads this about revision techniques and how to keep yourself motivated throughout the study period. Anyway, happy revising and good luck to everyone going through year 11 at the moment!!
just think about how you would feel 1. if you got the results you wanted. 2. (if it doesn't stress you out) how you would feel if you didn't get the results you wanted
Reply 2
Think about how you’re probs going to live on the streets if you don’t study hard, that motivates me hard
honestly kinda feel the same! good luck in your revision, you’ve got this!!!
If you have Asian parents... that would be enough to motivate you
Original post by Ashu.pun
Think about how you’re probs going to live on the streets if you don’t study hard, that motivates me hard

The disappointment on my mums face is what makes me fear of doing really **** in my GCSE's
Note that it does not motivate me. I just can't bear to see the look on her face. I know she will never be satisfied, but I feel like i'm merely worth that A*. My existence is purely for mums acknowledgement :c

Ah well, only 3 months, should go quick aha
Reply 6
Original post by mc_miah
The disappointment on my mums face is what makes me fear of doing really **** in my GCSE's
Note that it does not motivate me. I just can't bear to see the look on her face. I know she will never be satisfied, but I feel like i'm merely worth that A*. My existence is purely for mums acknowledgement :c

Ah well, only 3 months, should go quick aha

I feel exactly the same... do you happen to be Asian?
you've all got such good points
Original post by XEGGSWAGDUDE69X
just think about how you would feel 1. if you got the results you wanted. 2. (if it doesn't stress you out) how you would feel if you didn't get the results you wanted

Yeah that's so true
I did my gcses last year, and I was in a similar position to you. Did my january mocks without revising and got mostly B's which wasn't what I hoped to actually get as I have big future plans. So in February I started revising and I ended up getting all A's and A*s in the end. Now I'm doing A levels and its going really well :smile: I don't have much advice but just want you to know its definitely not too late for you to turn your grades around, and if you ever feel demotivsted just remind yourself why you need these grades for your future career
Original post by Ashu.pun
I feel exactly the same... do you happen to be Asian?

yup

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending