The Student Room Group

Few questions about applying to post-graduate courses

Hello,

Sorry for the very vague title, but I just have a few question and was not sure how to name this discussion.

I am planning on applying for a Post-Graduate degree in International Human Recource Managment. I would strongly prefer studying in Glasgow, obviously prefering Glasgow Uni, then Stratchclyde or Caledonian(Human Recource managment, thus would prefer the former unis)

I graduated form Aberdeen Uni in 2016 with a 2.2 in Psychology. I was very close to a 2.1(i know, i know, we all say that, dont we?) needing just one out of five or six grades to be a B3 instead of a C1. I did get a B2 from my thesis, and also had some mitigating circumstanses, such as working atleast 40 hours a week, during the honours years, as I had to fully support my self financially, and help out family that partially depended on me. So, the questions I wanted to ask were:

firstly, Glasgow Uni requires a minimum of a 2.1, Stratchlyde requires a minimum of a 'second-class degree' and Glasgow Caledonian requires a minimum of 2.2. is there any point in even applying to Glasgow and Strathclyde, or is that simply put, out of reach?

Between graduating and now thinking about applying for the courses, I had some relevant experience working/volunteering in an international organisation based in Africa, and working within a multicultural team, with some relevent tasks for the course. I think that is atleast partially relevant experience, however my undergraduate thesis pretty much holds no direct relevence to what I want to do for my masters degree, as it was done in the field of perception, and I think that might be a problem.

Also, I am an EU student, and English is not my first-language. Would I still need to provide a IELTS or an equivalent(I did not need to do that upon going to Aberdeen, as my high-school grades were sufficient), to prove my level of Enlgish, or completing an undergraduate course in Scotland would suggest I am competent in academical English?

Any help is very welcome!
Original post by kerniuslink

The only way you are going to find out is to apply. You aren't so far off the mark in any of those options that you stand no chance. It's up to each Uni and course and depends on the detail of your background whether they will ask for IELTS again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending