The Student Room Group

Has tsr changed your mind on anything?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Jack22031994
No :rofl:

If anything its strengthened my views. The amount of left wing self-important people on here is ridiculous :lol:

Trust, the rise of the snowflakes have begun. They view their opinion as objective, and get upset when you tell them that anecdote isn't sufficient evidence for things.
Its shown me that most people don't have many/any critical thinking skills and blindly cite 'evidence' without first thinking about whether it is true
Original post by Archon9
Muslims tbh!

share how
I would say most people (both on and off tsr) dont think critically from my experience
There's a lot of hatred hidden within people. I knew this before, but being on TSR, or the internet, you experience it for real since everyone hides behind their usernames.

Plus, the amount of people who think they can date people twice their age (for example i'm 50 she's 12 can we date?)
islamics
Give less **** about what others think and just say what is on your mind
Reply 47
Original post by ANM775
I've become a bit more politically correct over the last year, and somewhat less aggressive/argumentative, a bit more empathic too

my views on dating haven't changed much, although I don't think women have it quite as easy as I thought [although I still think they have it noticeably better than guys]

my opinion on "sexual assault" did change somewhat. I was of the opinion that a lot of it isn't that serious and most women complaining on this #me too thing were just bangwagon jumpers. When I was at school both guys and girls would pinch/slap each others bums etc and other stuff ...and it just seemed like a bit of fun. I've been grabbed in places several times and never saw it as a big deal.

but then I got into an argument with someone about a woman who allegedly got her ass pinched on top of the pops by jimmy saville and she only made a complaint recently and i saw the footage and she laughed it off when he did initially and i really did think she was bandwagon jumping and making a fuss for the sake of making a fuss.

but then the next day I had a dream, and I was that woman ... and some tall bloke came and done the exact same thing to me on the street, and i laughed it off initially ...but i was really unhappy about it and felt like complaining...and it felt a lot more threatening than when a woman has grabbed my ass or something [as a male]

after that dream i became more neutral on the sexual assaults thing, although i never mentioned to anyone my opinion had shifted somewhat.

I definitely had some colourful exchanges with you when I first started here that I cringe at now! Turns our hurling insults and shutting out ideas that you don’t agree with doesn’t make for productive conversations :banghead:
It changed my view on athiests.
Reply 49
Na, I'd argue that TSR is full of the "smarter" segments of society, at least academically, given that the average standards appear to be higher here.

All it really adds is that most perceived smart people are also stupid.
Nope because pouring the milk in the bowl before the cereal is WRONG and nothing will ever change my mind about that.
You want me to get reported right
I regret nothing.

I generaly think I now longer tend to engage is discusion on anything remotely political in good faith with the intention of maybe pesuading or being pesuaded anymore. Most of the time it is just trying to be a wind up merchant. It' about picking your battles and defeating the enemy. Probably just general being jasded with life more than TSR specifically. If you do have an argument it is more about convincing oberservers of the debate rather than your oponents for sure.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by cat_mac
I definitely had some colourful exchanges with you when I first started here that I cringe at now! Turns our hurling insults and shutting out ideas that you don’t agree with doesn’t make for productive conversations :banghead:

yeah it did get far too heated.
I think the next day I sorta wished I owned a delorean... lol

I did have a good long think about same sex marriage afterwards though. I think i'm now neutral on that, neither oppose it or favour it
Original post by BigAnt
I had an account at the start of 2017.

I had an account when you were still in nappies sucking at your mother's teet.

Sam Harris, Christipher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins all ruined athiesm for me :sad:

It used to be about radical humanism and overthrowing authority. No gods, no matsers and all that good stuff. Now it's just about being a sexist nerd that beleives in the clash of civilisations *******s.

Stupid dweebs.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 55
lmaoo i know what you meant.

My point was that above average intelligence in our society appears to be pretty dumb.
Original post by cat_mac

go to bed
wow i wasnt expecting this.
Reply 58
I think that guy was a few Kyx short ....lol
Kyx was an ok guy :emo:

a bit weird tho' :teehee:

and supported Villa :hmmmm2:

Quick Reply

Latest