The Student Room Group

Civil Services Security Clearance (SC)

SC waiting time
Reply 1
You can probably book a holiday with a special one for Valentine's Day without worrying about missing anything.
Currently this can take anything from 3 - 6 months from the beginning to the end of SC. It depends on a lot of factors outside of your immediate control, notably how simple/complex your case is, how busy your case officer is with other cases etc.

It will take as long as it takes. And there's very little, if anything you can do to speed things up unfortunately.
Original post by CS_Insights
Currently this can take anything from 3 - 6 months from the beginning to the end of SC. It depends on a lot of factors outside of your immediate control, notably how simple/complex your case is, how busy your case officer is with other cases etc.

It will take as long as it takes. And there's very little, if anything you can do to speed things up unfortunately.

Thank you for getting back to me. I've been waiting for four months now. It's quite frustrating because their website mentioned it usually takes around 6-9 weeks, and I had that timeframe in my mind. I didn't know it could take this long.
Original post by Nazirsamali243t
Thank you for getting back to me. I've been waiting for four months now. It's quite frustrating because their website mentioned it usually takes around 6-9 weeks, and I had that timeframe in my mind. I didn't know it could take this long.

Yes it can be extremely frustrating, that 6 weeks is indeed the target for SC and what collectively should be worked towards. But unfortunately a combination of factors (sickness, staff turnover, COVID19 hangover, you name it) everything is running behind within the organisation, leaving a small cohort of individuals and case officers completely swamped and running behind.
Reply 5
Original post by NickH77
You can probably book a holiday with a special one for Valentine's Day without worrying about missing anything.

Just not to Iran.
Reply 6
Hello all, my NSVP status changed from "In Progress" to "Completed" yesterday. Does anyone have idea of how long it took for the confirmation email to be sent from Security Support?
Original post by Laz2812
Hello all, my NSVP status changed from "In Progress" to "Completed" yesterday. Does anyone have idea of how long it took for the confirmation email to be sent from Security Support?
How long was it in progress for and did you get any emails telling you it changed? Mine has been on in progress now for 23 weeks.
Reply 8
Original post by BestDude90
How long was it in progress for and did you get any emails telling you it changed? Mine has been on in progress now for 23 weeks.
Hi, it took 12 1/2 weeks for my status to change from “in progress” to “completed”. I didn’t get an email to tell me there was a decision. I checked my portal twice a day and noticed it had changed. It took 24 hours from the portal changing status to I got my email containing my PDF confirmation.
Original post by Laz2812
Hi, it took 12 1/2 weeks for my status to change from “in progress” to “completed”. I didn’t get an email to tell me there was a decision. I checked my portal twice a day and noticed it had changed. It took 24 hours from the portal changing status to I got my email containing my PDF confirmation.
I’m guessing you passed the check? I’m getting really impatient now that mine has taken so long and with no update.
Reply 10
Each case is different and depends on many different circumstances. Try not to dwell on it (I know easier said than done). It will come through when you least expect it. Have you made any queries as to whether anything is outstanding from your sponsor or yourself!
Original post by Laz2812
Each case is different and depends on many different circumstances. Try not to dwell on it (I know easier said than done). It will come through when you least expect it. Have you made any queries as to whether anything is outstanding from your sponsor or yourself!
Yes I reached out few weeks ago and nothing was outstanding on either side I’ve completed a medical now and everything for the job

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending