The Student Room Group

Year 11’s- have you started revision for GCSE’s yet (less than 3 months to go)

Scroll to see replies

Lol I have no motivation to revise and imma fail my gcses soooo any tips ?
Original post by AddQ7
Me, everyday for the last two weeks.

ahaaa I get you:tongue:
Reply 22
Original post by AddQ7
Me, everyday for the last two weeks.

Literally me
I barely started on mindmaps, I use getrevising.co.uk for help and I tend to copy mindmaps from there plus they have past papers which help A TON!im trying to do revision from 5 pm to 8 pm or so (which may be a lot but I have breaks for like 10 mins or so after every topic I do) but yet again I've only done like 3 pages of science revision (triple science) and only another few on history but that's it because I put anything in front of education for some reason
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by 06riclib
I just put them all as equal because when I did my mocks I got 4s and about in everything so I’m happy with that and if I pass them with 4s I’m satisfied, I know it’s not my best but I had a year off school cuss of mental health so it’s not too bad

Oh no I hope you’re okay now!! A 4 is amazing well done!! What are you planning to do in September??
Anyone else doing romoe and juliet?
how many hours a night are you all doing revision for ??
Reply 27
I’m supposed to do I don’t know when or where to start tbh
Reply 28
I'm so terrible with revision, sometimes I feel super motivated such as today, I wrote up a summary for few topics in sociology and hopefully I finish it by the end of Feb but I've got like 11 other topics to do this for so its super stressful - I'm not sure how to revise either, for my mocks I literally revised the day before most of my exams because I do much more work when under pressure and I got decent grades just ones that I wouldn't want for my actual gcse's. how do you guys revise? I guess I just write up summaries then memorise them kind of? especially when it comes to the writing based subjects I don't find posters to be very effective as i'd spend a lot of time on them and end up only getting a little bit of information on it? idk I'm waffling but I need serious help
I need help on how to cover content quickly!
Original post by Beth286
Oh no I hope you’re okay now!! A 4 is amazing well done!! What are you planning to do in September??

I’m all better and have been discharged now thank you and I plan on staying on at my schools 6th form and taking German Design Music and Business wbu?
What grades are you lot aiming for?
A couple of hours a day, got mocks in a week, I’m satisfied with the amount of revision I did during this half term. It’s 9pm and I don’t think I can sleep, I’m nervous about school and mocks, like I’m manually breathing right now xD
Reply 33
Original post by carl02rh
I barely started on mindmaps, I use getrevising.co.uk for help and I tend to copy mindmaps from there plus they have past papers which help A TON!im trying to do revision from 5 pm to 8 pm or so (which may be a lot but I have breaks for like 10 mins or so after every topic I do) but yet again I've only done like 3 pages of science revision (triple science) and only another few on history but that's it because I put anything in front of education for some reason

Say you’ll start tmro and try to stick to it, make a timetable on get revising and stick to it. Push yourself and it will soon become a daily routine and won’t be a struggle, we can do this there’s only a few months left.
NOPE
Starting tomorrow hopefully c;
Reply 35
Original post by thedecorator33

7/8’s in English Lit, Spanish and Core and Additional Science. A/A* in Childcare and Sociology, a B in Media and a 6 in Maths and English Language. So overall, 6 A/A*’s and 3 B’s.
Reply 36
Original post by 06riclib
I’m all better and have been discharged now thank you and I plan on staying on at my schools 6th form and taking German Design Music and Business wbu?

Spanish Psychology and Biology, ayy we both want to do a Language :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Aseeb Tariq
A couple of hours a day, got mocks in a week, I’m satisfied with the amount of revision I did during this half term. It’s 9pm and I don’t think I can sleep, I’m nervous about school and mocks, like I’m manually breathing right now xD

Oh no! But if you’re satisfied with you’re revision you’ll be fine. Remember, the grade boundaries will be in our favour, everyone won’t do brilliant apart from them few people in your year that manage to get straight 9’s, and you’ve still got a few months to improve :smile:
Original post by Beth286
Spanish Psychology and Biology, ayy we both want to do a Language :smile:

Hey I want to do biology too , what area are you planning to go into in university
Original post by thedecorator33

I’m hoping for....
Bio 8
Chem 8
Phys 8
Maths 7
Eng Lit 7
Eng Lang 7
History 7
Rs 7
Geography 7