The Student Room Group

Worried about not finishing A-Level course in time

Hi all,

Am currently in 2nd year of AQA A-Level Economics, and our class is just about to start the Macro A2 content (we have one teacher so rather than being taught side by side we are doing them consecutively).

Exams are looming and our teacher is currently showing no signs of getting a hurry on, instead giving us micro questions to do in exam conditions in class in already limited lesson time per week.

We are concerned that we will not finish covering all the material in time for the exam, which is not ideal. Our class is very ambitious and for the most part hard-working, and we feel we are being let down slightly. For instance (and whilst this is not set in stone) I'm getting A's in my other subjects yet am lingering at C to B level in Econ as my teacher doesn't like my writing style.

What to do? Should I be worried?
Original post by OpenStrings
Hi all,

Am currently in 2nd year of AQA A-Level Economics, and our class is just about to start the Macro A2 content (we have one teacher so rather than being taught side by side we are doing them consecutively).

Exams are looming and our teacher is currently showing no signs of getting a hurry on, instead giving us micro questions to do in exam conditions in class in already limited lesson time per week.

We are concerned that we will not finish covering all the material in time for the exam, which is not ideal. Our class is very ambitious and for the most part hard-working, and we feel we are being let down slightly. For instance (and whilst this is not set in stone) I'm getting A's in my other subjects yet am lingering at C to B level in Econ as my teacher doesn't like my writing style.

What to do? Should I be worried?

Talk to teacher and if that worried then start teaching yourself or pre reading for the macro side.

Theres plenty of good stuff and revision books on

https://www.economicshelp.org/

Do it now as the clock is ticking.
Original post by 999tigger
Talk to teacher and if that worried then start teaching yourself or pre reading for the macro side.

do you know if the hooder's education revision notes are good?
Original post by man111111
do you know if the hooder's education revision notes are good?

No idea. Just go into a ship and look to see if they suit your style of learning or look at the amazon reviews.

do you know if the model answers include all the possible essays that could come up in the exams this summer
do you know if the model answers include all the possible essays that could come up in the exams this summer

How can anyone know. You mean from the economics help site? Id imagine he covers a large part of it. the only way to check is looking at the spec and past papers. You should be well enough prepared to be able to answer most of them.
How can anyone know. You mean from the economics help site? Id imagine he covers a large part of it. the only way to check is looking at the spec and past papers. You should be well enough prepared to be able to answer most of them.

did u buy any of their resources?
Hey guys, does anyone know or remember any questions in the Edexcel 2017 microeconomics OR Macroeconomics paper? Or like what topic is in the test(important topics and essay questions). Thanks so much . I really just want to get a pass ;(

have you used the revision book from this website?
have you used the revision book from this website?

Nope, but I would have no trouble buying them on the basis of the other written material, which is good. They arent exactly expensive.

Quick Reply

Latest