The Student Room Group

Snowflake gets triggered over a movie

Scroll to see replies

The crazy reaction to this movie from both the right and the left is a sign of the times and how we are becoming more polarised and more engaged in identity politics. There was nothing like this reaction to Blade in the late 1990s - probably because we were not quite so obsessed with identity politics at that time.
Original post by Caesar333
Thanks, good to know

Uh oh, once again Caesar comes back with a absolute zinger totally destroying his opponent, one of the greatest speakers of our time, up their with Churchill and Thatcher
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AperfectBalance
So at 46 seconds in he is discussing his list of marvel films he likes and says ant man would be on there. Well that has deconstructed my argument totally Ben liking antman might actually have destroyed my whole philosophy.

>Calls people incompetent and dumb.
>Cant capitalize words correctly.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Uh oh, once again Caesar comes back with a absolute zinger totally destroying his opponent, one of the greatest speakers of our time, up their with churchill and Thatcher

He is a great orator.
Reply 44
0:46.

There. timestamp. Since you're that stupid and incompetent.

This is why most people here dont bother debating you. You're just much of a moron.

Tbh you were very vague about what you were talking about, he's not 'stupid and incompetent' for not realizing what certain statement you were referring to, as you said multiple..
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by k.n.h.
Tbh you were very vague about what you were talking about, he's not 'stupid and incompetent' for not realizing what certain statement you were referring to, as you said multiple..

all of the statements have been totally incorrect, including the timestamp so I dont really expect anything of value from this user
Original post by Science99999
There are a plethora of movies in the Holywood industry filled with "black" lead roles, constastingly to "brown" actors/actresses. "Black" actors are highly represented, and exploit this movement to the extent of racial superiority and inherited right to claim additional rights over others.

The #BlackLivesMatter movement is THE most racist and ingnorant movevement ever, if a group of people experience racial abuse and exploitation, they should considerately incooperate other ethinic groups such as Asians, the righteous Ameri-indians and indians. However, this movement focusses the issues on the Blacks, instead of being inclusive, if we were to achieve an equal society (which perspectives cannot be forced anywhere, and people will have their racial preferrence and prejudice, its natural UNCHANGEABLE instinctive), then these movements are foolish and paint ethnic minorities as victimisers, constantly needing attentive care.

#BrownLivesMatter -Because "brown" individuals are heavily underrepresented in the movie industry, we haven't had a "Brown president", see it is the same for all minorities, hence the Blacklivesmatter movement is DEAD and Extinct, it is obnoxiously idiotic.

#WhiteLivesMatter- Whites are abused and racially targeted in the majority of African countries, such as Zimbabwe, even the political system is prejudice against whites, farmers are forcibly removed from their land, and this land is favoured towards blacks. Therefore, hypocritical and thus blacks don't even deserve so mutter the words "#BlackLivesMatter", BECAUSE EVERY LIFE MATTERS, NOT JUST YOURS.

Chill, snowflake. Where did I mention the BLM movement or say that I didn't support giving Brown actors/actresses better opportunities for careers in acting? Or say that they're not underrepresented?
Original post by entertainmyfaith
mygoodness, it's just a movie- yes it's important in regards to the fact that it's marvel's first film with a majority black cast, director etc but anyone can watch the film. giving up your seat just so a black person can sit in yours in the cinema and trying to gain brownie points from it is stupid.

Only a few dumb SJW do-gooders did that. Considering how well the movie is doing in the box office, it's safe to say that the majority of the people from all ethnicities who wanted to see the film went right ahead and booked their tickets.
Original post by k.n.h.

Even with the timestamp he still doesnt see that Ben Shapiro is saying that people are saying this is more significant than martin luther king.

Aperfectbalance IS stupid and incompetent. Im no longer engaging with someone that dumb.
Original post by Dandaman1
Are we watching the same video? He's not triggered (I don't know what you think that means), nor does he have a problem with the movie. He has a problem with how people have been idolising this movie so heavily as some kind of important breakthrough for black people when it's not really all that special. It's a fairly decent marvel movie - like most of them - and nothing more.

So he is triggered that people are idolizing the movie? He dedicated a short section of his program to it?

Ben Shapiro is a moron.
In other news, white man sees nothing special when minority finally start to see themselves represented in mundane daily life occurrences, because for him they are mundane daily life occurrences.
Original post by yudothis
So he is triggered that people are idolizing the movie? He dedicated a short section of his program to it?

Ben Shapiro is a moron.

Stop saying "triggered" when you obviously don't know what it means or how to use it correctly.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Imagine thinking the movie was named after an organisation rather than the comic book character (published before the organisation in question was formed) it's about...

Indeed. Iirc they even changed the name from Black Panther for a while for this reason but then brought it back by popular demand. How people can compare the 2 is beyond me.
Original post by yudothis
In other news, white man sees nothing special when minority finally start to see themselves represented in mundane daily life occurrences, because for him they are mundane daily life occurrences.

Or maybe because not everyone is so caught up on peoples’ ethnicity and they don’t see why others are?
Original post by Dandaman1
Stop saying "triggered" when you obviously don't know what it means or how to use it correctly.

Does it trigger you when people misuse the word?
This movie has grossed $404 million so far, and it's an all black movie. Obviously the right wing SJWs will come out and talk this sort of crap. Ive even heard paul watson claim its pandering to the alt right (he's the most triggered moron imo)

Everyone's enjoying the movie, meanwhile these culturally ignorant idiots will try to create a divisive rhetoric. Pay no attention.

The thing is it's not the right that make everything about race, it's opening weekend is in the area you would expect whether it's good or not (remember that Jurassic World did better) and it had a boost from the SJWs making a big deal over it because they like making things about oppression.

If we look at World Wide opening weekend box office it is bested by 2 Fast And Furious films (The Fate of the Furious took nearly 50% more), Transformers: Dark of the Moon, both avengers films, Spider-Man 3 (despite being 11 years old and I believe these are nominal and not adjusting for inflation), even Batman v Superman had a 15% higher box office taking, and it isn't far ahead of stuff such as Breaking Dawn Part 2
(edited 6 years ago)
The more we talk about race the more it becomes an issue and it ends up getting on everyone's nerves. Even those to whom it was never an issue.
Original post by Jammy Duel
The thing is it's not the right that make everything about race, it's opening weekend is in the area you would expect whether it's good or not (remember that Jurassic World did better) and it had a boost from the SJWs making a big deal over it because they like making things about oppression.

If we look at World Wide opening weekend box office it is bested by 2 Fast And Furious films (The Fate of the Furious took nearly 50% more), Transformers: Dark of the Moon, both avengers films, Spider-Man 3 (despite being 11 years old and I believe these are nominal and not adjusting for inflation), even Batman v Superman had a 15% higher box office taking, and it isn't far ahead of stuff such as Breaking Dawn Part 2

So, you're triggered by the fact that this smashed the box office and people are talking about it because some others did well? gotcha.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/worldwideopenings.htm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2018/02/21/black-panther-tops-lifetime-gross-of-marvel-dc-and-x-men-movies/#6e51b4916250

Every movie above black panther is a sequel to a movie or a reboot. Whereas Black Panther is the first of its name, with a record domestic opening too. Naturally it wont do well especially overseas as much as something like the 9th crappy fast and furious movies, but it's still setting records. Also did you really end up having to resort to compare it to the avengers?

It's also critically acclaimed, regardless of how you pathetic alt right clowns tried to tank its ratings because you're that salty and triggered.

It's also expected to finish at $800 million, which would be the best for an original title movie.

As I said, I only replied for others to see, but this is just a pathetic attempt to undermine the movie. The numbers speak for itself.
(edited 6 years ago)
So, you're triggered by the fact that this smashed the box office and people are talking about it because some others did well? gotcha.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/worldwideopenings.htm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2018/02/21/black-panther-tops-lifetime-gross-of-marvel-dc-and-x-men-movies/#6e51b4916250

Every movie above black panther is a sequel to a movie or a reboot. Whereas Black Panther is the first of its name, with a record domestic opening too. Naturally it wont do well especially overseas as much as something like the 9th crappy fast and furious movies, but it's still setting records.

It's also critically acclaimed, regardless of how you pathetic alt right clowns tried to tank its ratings because you're that salty and triggered.

It's also expected to finish at $800 million, which would be the best for an original title movie.

As I said, I only replied for others to see, but this is just a pathetic attempt to undermine the movie. The numbers speak for itself.

The salty tears are real. I remember when the movie first came out - it had a 6.4 rating on IMDB because salty alt-right guys who had never watched it were purposefully giving it a low score. The rating has started to climb now that the normal people are watching it though.
It is just a superhero movie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending