The Student Room Group

The 2017-8 FCA Graduate Development Programme

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone else still waiting from early assessment centres? Mine was in mid-November, just curious how many were neither given an offer or rejected quickly
Reply 81
Original post by riley1994
Is anyone else still waiting from early assessment centres? Mine was in mid-November, just curious how many were neither given an offer or rejected quickly

Have you still not heard back?!
Original post by yas19
Have you still not heard back?!

Nope. Have heard almost nothing since then. Emailed last week asking for an update and they said everyone who hasn’t heard will hear within the next couple of weeks. Have you heard back?
Reply 83
Nope. Have heard almost nothing since then. Emailed last week asking for an update and they said everyone who hasn’t heard will hear within the next couple of weeks. Have you heard back?

Not yet. I had my AC first week of February 2018...I have not heard back yet.
Did you call or email them?
Original post by yas19
Not yet. I had my AC first week of February 2018...I have not heard back yet.
Did you call or email them?

Emailed. I’m pretty sure you hear within a week of your ac if you exceeded the benchmark by a lot (and they’ll offer you then) or failed to meet it. Now they’re choosing between everyone in the middle category for the remaining spots. So probably not the best odds, but am curious when they’ll make the offers. They said I’d hear by the end of next week, so I sort of assumed offers would be made this week (then see who accepts etc. and reject the remaining next week)
Reply 85
Emailed. I’m pretty sure you hear within a week of your ac if you exceeded the benchmark by a lot (and they’ll offer you then) or failed to meet it. Now they’re choosing between everyone in the middle category for the remaining spots. So probably not the best odds, but am curious when they’ll make the offers. They said I’d hear by the end of next week, so I sort of assumed offers would be made this week (then see who accepts etc. and reject the remaining next week)

Yeah now you put it that way, probably not the best odds. Better not get my hopes up.
Original post by yas19
Yeah now you put it that way, probably not the best odds. Better not get my hopes up.

I made an account specifically for this lol. Hoping the last two commenters can empathise with me on the wait and give any updates if you hear anything! Which streams are you two applying for?

I did the supervision ac in december and still have heard nothing...
Original post by sickofwaiting12
I made an account specifically for this lol. Hoping the last two commenters can empathise with me on the wait and give any updates if you hear anything! Which streams are you two applying for?

I did the supervision ac in december and still have heard nothing...

Supervision as well. I was in the first ac, in November. It’s honestly ridiculous, not even an update saying we’re still being considered over the past three months since the first email. I still haven’t heard anything but will post when I do
Reply 88
I think they already handed out offers and will do a mass rejection on Friday which is their last day of deadline that they said to everyone.
Original post by yas19
I think they already handed out offers and will do a mass rejection on Friday which is their last day of deadline that they said to everyone.

Have you heard of others getting offers?
Reply 90
Have you heard of others getting offers?

A few. Most people that get offers do not log back in and check here I assume...

I still have not heard anything anyway. a bit of snow and everything comes to a standstill, tomorrow is the last day of their so called deadline.
I missed my phone call today, did everyone receive rejections by email only or am I getting my hopes up for no reason?
Original post by yas19
A few. Most people that get offers do not log back in and check here I assume...

I still have not heard anything anyway. a bit of snow and everything comes to a standstill, tomorrow is the last day of their so called deadline.

I don't understand. How hard is it to send a form email? I've accepted my fate but this is just needlessly drawn out
Original post by owenwilsonWOW
I missed my phone call today, did everyone receive rejections by email only or am I getting my hopes up for no reason?

You got a phone call today? Did you call back and they didn't answer? Still no phone call or email on my side. PS love the username
Original post by sickofwaiting12
You got a phone call today? Did you call back and they didn't answer? Still no phone call or email on my side. PS love the username

I live abroad and have lost my phone (bit of a disaster), so by the time I see the email saying that they were trying to phone me it was after work hours in the UK. Thanks, appreciate it
Reply 95
Original post by owenwilsonWOW
I live abroad and have lost my phone (bit of a disaster), so by the time I see the email saying that they were trying to phone me it was after work hours in the UK. Thanks, appreciate it

hope it works out for you!
Did they mention the offer in the email or anything?
HiCan anyone please be more precise about the experience at FCA assessment center? What do you have to do? How do they divide the day?Thanks!
This seems very competitive and hard after reading the whole thread :frown:
Original post by raganosio
Btw how did you find the analysis exercise? (I did AC last year and that was the most traumatising exercise to me)

Hi, can you tell me more about the analysis task if you remember? Im hoping to go to the AC and could do with some insight. Thankyou !
Original post by OBenson
Oh man it was definitely the worst part for me and I think everyone else - I went for quality over quantity but who knows

Hi, can you tell me more about the analysis task if you remember? Im hoping to go to the AC and could do with some insight. Thankyou man it was definitely the worst part for me and I think everyone else - I went for quality over quantity but who knows!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending