The Student Room Group

Student blocked from wearing colander as 'religious headwear' hits back

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Napp
With all due respect but this epitomises generation snowflake.
It has little/nothing to do with the Rastas but takes aim at all religions equally and how this space fearing ball of spaghetti is just as likely as any other deity to exist

To that no argument other than the name as I mentioned no problem but honestly if you truly believe that the did not take inspiration from the fake name used for my religion or rather don’t notice the aching similarity in name then perhaps the deity known as noodles has a sinister foe pulling your strings and leading you astray perhaps chicken fajitas the red hot spicy chilli dish who lives in the depths below earth
Reply 21
Original post by Lejax
To that no argument other than the name as I mentioned no problem but honestly if you truly believe that the did not take inspiration from the fake name used for my religion or rather don’t notice the aching similarity in name then perhaps the deity known as noodles has a sinister foe pulling your strings and leading you astray perhaps chicken fajitas the red hot spicy chilli dish who lives in the depths below earth

Or the tempura fish known kahula is playing with your minds from a far off ocean plane of fudgistence
Reply 22
But as I said I find it all good just the name bothered me a little afterall it’s almost an accepted discrimination against us the use of rafarianism the fact that people have put on the internet that our religious belief is to smoke weed and people accepting snoop dog as a figure head for our religion when he no more than a bad drug addict sellout rapper whom has as much to do with Rasta as you spaghetti deity has
Reply 23
And there’s been discrimination to the people whom follow this religion since way beyond it’s sudden popularity Rasta have allways been oppressed our religion itself being to be free of oppression naturally that’s why I agree with your cause but naturally names do have meaning and your religions name does verry well have a oppressive tone to it i will dismiss this as there’s no warrant to talk any further on the subject likely this was done in humour without sufficient knowledge a quick joke without thought if you would the cause being there but the name laughablely un thought out
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 24
As much as anything Rastafari is a ideology more than a religion anyway many following its basic practice with no religious belief
Reply 25
Original post by Lejax

Umm did you just say your religion had a fake name?
But at any rate, names aside, I stand by what I said the noble church of the fsm exists to mock all religions equally (and rightly so)
Aha touché :wink:
Reply 26
Original post by Napp
Umm did you just say your religion had a fake name?
But at any rate, names aside, I stand by what I said the noble church of the fsm exists to mock all religions equally (and rightly so)
Aha touché :wink:

Yeah fake name I’m simply taking about the fact that everyone refers to it as Rastafarianism what really is not it’s name it’s Rastafari and I’m a Rasta not Rastafarian a fake name ignorant people use or Rastafarianism these individuals are ignorant
Reply 27
But believing in wizards who turn water to wine ain’t my cup of tea I either most people see it as symbolic of things that are possible say the holy grail it’s the chalice that holds Jesuses blood or rather Mary Magdalen his lover who was hunted by the church alongside his children Jesus himself born of Jewish heritage was not god but a prophet and so spoke of his religious belief and brought peace to many king of kings probably describing how charismatic he was and his following of people perhaps a political power who stood against authoritarian system e.g. the Romans who ransacked the Christian belief this is historical fact and mixed pagan and other religions into Christianity to appease the masses a large group of Jews also as you should know attacked the tortured Jesus chances are he was not resurrected as the stories say

Their fables and legends lined with historic truth and prophesy that is strangely enough coming true.

I could tell you the ins and out of the true meanings in the bible and naturally that wouldn’t be religious rather it’d be facts and truth but I think it’d be more interesting if you looked it up yourself for instance Constantine of Constantinople who was one of the founders of the Christianity we know today
Reply 28
Christianity is one of the most cursed religions if you look at its past
Reply 29
And slaying the dragon being symbolic too
Original post by Dandaman1
Fair enough. If other people who believe in make-believe gods can wear their headdresses, why can't he?

This.

Oh their religion is good enough, but yours isn't.

Either all or none. Preferably none, but since that won't happen it has to be all.
Reply 31
Original post by Lejax
Yeah fake name I’m simply taking about the fact that everyone refers to it as Rastafarianism what really is not it’s name it’s Rastafari and I’m a Rasta not Rastafarian a fake name ignorant people use or Rastafarianism these individuals are ignorant

I feel you're taking their joke a bit too seriously.
In fairness though aside from Bob Marley and pot heads i have no idea what rastas really are.
Reply 32
Original post by Retired_Messiah
This kid is aware that flying spaghetti monster is just a condescending meme that got out of hand, right?
Isn't that basically what all organised religions are?
Original post by TimmonaPortella
It's not necessarily 'worse' than the others, it's just not genuine. You could make an argument that it causes less harm than Christianity or scientology because it's not genuine.

The only difference between his 'belief' and others like Christianity, Islam, and Judaism is that we are at a point in history where it is obvious it isn't genuine. The others have managed to put many centuries between their own non-genuine genesis and now, and we cannot tell if they were ridiculed in the same way at the same point in their history. Who knows if Pastafarianism will reach the point they have reached.

The key point that emerges is that New Zealand, despite having foolishly made Pastafarianism a protected religion, does not give it the protection it has mandated. This says quite a lot about the threat that some other religions pose, either in a physical sense or in a sociological one, and a great deal about their failure to understand that they are as foolish as Pastafarianism.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending