The Student Room Group

Traineeship & Job Centre?

Hey all,

Pretty much I got myself in a traineeship as I was getting nowhere with apprenticeships this is lasting for 7 weeks 4 weeks at the training building then 3 weeks at the workplace. I'm not gonna lie traineeship was the one for me after all this time. But I Kinda got a bit of a problem, I gotta be at this place for 5 days a week Mon - Fri 9AM - 4:30PM. Tomorrow I got a job centre appointment but obviously I can't go there because this course is quite a distance from my local job centre, I tried to call them today but they were closed as I got home today. So what do I do? How do I tell them that I got an traineeship but not getting paid for it, but will potentially become a apprenticeship afterwards then I will get paid for it. The manager did tell me that he was a manager for job centre and told me if there is a problem he'll help me out.

If anyone has some advice on this, this would be really helpful for me. :thumbsup:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by (______________)
Hey all,

Pretty much I got myself in a traineeship as I was getting nowhere with apprenticeships this is lasting for 7 weeks 4 weeks at the training building then 3 weeks at the workplace. I'm not gonna lie traineeship was the one for me after all this time. But I Kinda got a bit of a problem, I gotta be at this place for 5 days a week Mon - Fri 9AM - 4:30PM. Tomorrow I got a job centre appointment but obviously I can't go there because this course is quite a distance from my local job centre, I tried to call them today but they were closed as I got home today. So what do I do? How do I tell them that I got an traineeship but not getting paid for it, but will potentially become a apprenticeship afterwards then I will get paid for it. The manager did tell me that he was a manager for job centre and told me if there is a problem he'll help me out.

If anyone has some advice on this, this would be really helpful for me. :thumbsup:

How long have you know about this? You could have cleared it with JC+ or your manager / I suggest you tell your manager you have to sign on and do so asap. Go back to work when its done. If you are late for JC+ they will just sanction you and you will have tour claim suspended for 3 months. Tell the traineeship place asap and get them to let you off for signing n in future as well.
Original post by 999tigger
How long have you know about this? You could have cleared it with JC+ or your manager / I suggest you tell your manager you have to sign on and do so asap. Go back to work when its done. If you are late for JC+ they will just sanction you and you will have tour claim suspended for 3 months. Tell the traineeship place asap and get them to let you off for signing n in future as well.

Pretty much started today and my appointment is TOMORROW. I got an the interview on last week Thursday and was told to come in on a monday. Pretty much did not get time to go and see my manager about this situation as he was really busy that day and never got to see him. But I'll give them a call in the morning when they open and see what they can do

PS: I was asked a question about it during my interview and was made to write out a form for contact details, Qualifications and If you're claiming. Of Course I wrote yes to it and wrote down my local one and coach.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by (______________)
Pretty much started today and my appointment is TOMORROW. I got an the interview on last week Thursday and was told to come in on a monday. Pretty much did not get time to go and see my manager about this situation as he was really busy that day and never got to see him. But I'll give them a call in the morning when they open and see what they can do

PS: I was asked a question about it during my interview and was made to write out a form for contact details, Qualifications and If you're claiming. Of Course I wrote yes to it and wrote down my local one and coach.

They arent paying you. I'm not even sure this traineeship without pay is legal [ check with
The Acas helpline number is 0300 123 1100. It is available Monday to Friday 8am-6pm].
. Contact and tell them you need to sign on and you will be in later etc. If you miss your appointment you will get sanctioned.
Original post by 999tigger
They arent paying you. I'm not even sure this traineeship without pay is legal [ check with
The Acas helpline number is 0300 123 1100. It is available Monday to Friday 8am-6pm].
. Contact and tell them you need to sign on and you will be in later etc. If you miss your appointment you will get sanctioned.

Yeah, Yesterday the call centre were fu**ing useless. I explained to them so many times telling them its a traineeship not a education course but they clearly don't know what a traineeship is and said that they'll have to close my claim! But in the end, I got sent home by my manager as they couldn't do nothing went to the job centre after and told them everything and my work coach didn't have a problem at all with it I even bought evidence such as number for my manager, leaflet and email position offer. It was all sorted in the end and gotta go in once a month.

Thank you for your help my dude means alot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending